Adopt a Noob

Shadowflux
I will gladly give a person a helping hand on becoming a better shadowrun player. Feel free to add yourself to the topic either as a student or a teacher; as i'm sure i wouldn't be the only one with experience willing to teach.

Add your GT and i'll add you. ^_^
Go on fight me...make me laugh... XD

Re: Adopt a Noob

Here at Playshadowrun.com we support the Adopt a Noob Foundation.

Re: Adopt a Noob

I remember this tradition back on TIS

Unfortunately, I don't think there are many teachers available. Reaxtion is definitely the best teacher and could teach you how to make positive decisions that affect you and your team along with logic and how to prevent illogical irrational hasty choices that cause you to die in the first 30 seconds of the round.
Hopefully he can come around.

Re: Adopt a Noob

reaxtion
i would be ver willing to help someone out on their shadowrun game, just realize you also have to have an open mind.  i cant teach you how to move, shoot, or any other mechanics of the game, though i can help you become a beast if you are up to it.  promise i can make you open your eyes if you let me annalyze your gameplay for one map!

one thing i do want to know is, is the point to this to make a better run and gun player in a pub? cause you cant really properly learn how to become a beast unless its in some structured environment...the person learning has to see reasons behind actions, and not getting confused with what actually works and accidental victories cause your opponent(s) are bad themselves.

Re: Adopt a Noob

swiftmiester
sometimes i feel like a noob

Re: Adopt a Noob

Mooky
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Adopt a Noob

Morphine
I'll gladly help newer people learn the basics of SR, and even teach some of the more experienced players how to be a better rifler. :D
Heavenly Subjugation of the Omnipresent God!

Re: Adopt a Noob

L3G3ND 09
I would love some help, I bought this game used a while ago, but never got into it because I never really had anyone to learn from and it made the games learning curve that much bigger. If anyone could help me or lend me some tips that'd be awesome, as I'm interested in getting into this game.

GT: L3G3ND 09

Re: Adopt a Noob

Unyobro
Basic advice-

Buy resurrect. With Elf or Dwarf buy it early, doesn't have to be first round but buying it first can be a great way to make money. With Human you can wait longer since they can only rez once anyways but do buy it either way. Most Trolls don't buy rez but it's good to have later on for emergencies, sucks being the only one left alive with bodies everywhere.

Stay with your team. This isn't always that easy since some games people just run in every direction. If you wait a couple seconds after the round starts you can see which direction most of your team goes, follow them. If anyone is talking just mention you're new and you need to stick with someone.

Communicate. If you tell people you're new and need help you'll most likely meet some nice people who will gladly help. Some games will be completely silent though because of Xbox party chat and/or PC players who can't communicate with xbox players anymore.

Don't get discouraged. This game is brutal, don't let it get to you. Just keep on trying and you'll get the hang of it. Don't let trash talking losers get you down, we all had to start somewhere.

Add me as a friend if you want. I play for fun and for the teamwork. I have no problem helping new people and I won't get annoyed if you screw up a lot. :)

Re: Adopt a Noob

TruYadoo
Also, an easy way to keep good relations with the main community;
Play/complete ALL the Training missions before you play online. It's really easy to spot whether a player has or not.

Don't score the Artifact on the last round to end the match. (Especially if it is a really close and INTENSE.)

To keep yourself from being extremely hated and/or getting kicked out of matches frequently, don't Body Clear.
(If you have done the Training missions, you should know of Body Clearing is, destroying the bodies of dead players.)

Those couple things will keep you from being looked at as some other new player who doesn't know what he's doing.

Assist your teammates. Don't hold their hands or have them hold yours.
Remember: You can still be a good and reliable team player without being right next to them.
Communication really helps to prove this. Even if they can't see you, it's good to have them know where you are; to avoid getting accidentally blown up from friendly grenade.

Play hard but play fair. Respect ALL your fellow players and they shall respect you. (Except maybe the DieHard TKing Trolls like Minion Preacher.)

Have fun!

Re: Adopt a Noob

Unyobro
Take what Yadoo says with a grain of salt. He's got specific, made up, rules about this game. A good example is how he says not to body clear but then goes on to mention how the training shows you that you should be doing it.

In reality only some people have made up rules about stuff like that. You will encounter them from time to time but other times you'll play with normal players who clear bodies, score the artifact and have fun without invented drama. Sadly it's best to hold off on clearing until you know there's none of these people in your match. Either way don't feel like you HAVE to avoid it, play however you wanna play since it's part of the game anyways.

@Yadoo- I'm not posting this to fight with you. If you reply I won't indulge your rants. I am giving the new guy a counter point to what you said, there's nothing wrong with that. I hope you can be mature about it.

Re: Adopt a Noob

TruYadoo
Let us not forget how Unyo has his own "made up" rule.

So, you'd rather players to play like robotic AI?
"Normal players" who clear bodies? It's more like "Disrespectful players" who clear bodies.
I would appreciate if you would actually share the entire story instead of just the half that only benefits you, maturely speaking.

"Play legit and play with respect. Play for the community and not yourself." That's my motto for online gaming.

I mentioned the Training so that the new kid understands how the game works before he jumps online. To spare him from any extra humiliation.