Best SR Rifler?

Morphine
Of all time and recent. Of all time I think the award would have to go to Zennruken.

Recently, I have no idea. Thoughts from you guys on both?
Heavenly Subjugation of the Omnipresent God!

Re: Best SR Rifler?

TruYadoo
Now, my rifle isn't horrible but I can admit that it's no where near the top on most days.
Though, on my great days; my rifle can be beast as I can then pull off headshots. Otherwise no go for me on rifles.

But, I would like to say that my pistol is/can be one of the deadliest. It sure annoys quite a few people, even private players. I may not go for headshots as often as I should but I make up for it on accurate rapid fire.

PISTOLS are BEAST!

Re: Best SR Rifler?

Morphine
There are so many good pistol users out there now that I don't even know where to start on placement. I've never seen you play on a good day though, So I couldn't rate you at all.
Heavenly Subjugation of the Omnipresent God!

Re: Best SR Rifler?

TruYadoo
My "good rifle days" aren't too common. But if you watch me play regularly, you'll easily be able to notice when I'm having a good day with my rifle.

Re: Best SR Rifler?

DJ Da B3st
This is a very hard question to answer because there are many very good rifle users. Maybe if private players played public games regularly, maybe one of them could stand out but as of now I can't make a distinction.

Re: Best SR Rifler?

TruYadoo
I'd probably say that there isn't one player who is best at the rifle but several players.

Re: Best SR Rifler?

Morphine
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Heavenly Subjugation of the Omnipresent God!

Re: Best SR Rifler?

Jande
Morphine and Phobia are one of those that I just cant beat. No name yeah, reflex... havent seen him.
When it goes to sniper rifles, I'd say iMark jeezy, no name and well... me

And yeah I missed the sniper shot morphine when you were crouching and not moving. I dont even know how :D

Re: Best SR Rifler?

TruYadoo
I should have another sniper only private match with WeaXtioN again and have NO NAME GAM3R join in too.
The other day after he got me while on the same team... I got him back after he broke our truce. =D

Re: Best SR Rifler?

Morphine
Jande wrote
Morphine and Phobia are one of those that I just cant beat. No name yeah, reflex... havent seen him.
When it goes to sniper rifles, I'd say iMark jeezy, no name and well... me

And yeah I missed the sniper shot morphine when you were crouching and not moving. I dont even know how :D
<quote author="Jande">

I've always said this to my xbox friends, And I'll say it to you guys as well. I personally don't believe that Phobia is 100% legit in his gameplay. That's just in my opinion though, and I doubt it will change unless I see gameplay from his point of view posted by him, where he doesn't miss a shot on everyone else like he doesn't miss one on me, even when I'm strafing. It would be fine if it was in maybe one or two games I played with the guy, but it happens in every single game I play with him. I'm sorry, I'm just not buying it.
Heavenly Subjugation of the Omnipresent God!

Re: Best SR Rifler?

DJ Da B3st
There are a couple of pc players that I have a very hard time killing and Phobia and Tekkaman are two of them. I wouldn't go as far as saying that they're not legit though. My theory is that they're playing on supercomputers that have insane fps numbers (Crimsonland once told me that he can get around 400 fps on his computer). My machine gives me about 60 fps and I shoot above 45% most of the time, especially when using a rifle. So I wouldn't be surprised to see someone shoot around 50-60% on a much better computer.

Re: Best SR Rifler?

A lot of private players are good with rifle, I particularly like the ones that hate me for my pc rifle outdoing them.  Truth be told on xbox I would be outrifled by all of the ones I'm referring to, so their hate is justified.  Yes Morphine your rifle is definately beast, but it is really hard to say who the best is giving that there are several people great with rifle.  I find it easier to label a best pistol.

I do agree with Dj that they have top notch computers and I'll add top dollar connections as well.  Since I've been playing on pc Tekka has lost my title of being the hardest player to kill in Shadowrun.  Dj gives me a harder time than Tek now, and Tek resorts to ev, smartlink, and clearing my body almost everytime he sees PlayShadowrun.  He rarely played like that, I noticed, when I was on xbox.  Phobia is definately the hardest to kill in Shadowrun at the moment, and that is why I'd rather play against him than on his team.  I'll leave Phobia's party just to play against him.  I love the competition.  As far as his rifle goes, it's not much better than anyone else's.  And I feel that way being an xbox/pc player.

That being said Phobia's kills are probably legit.  I would love to believe otherwise but I don't.  I chalk it up to having a bad ass rig and a government connection.  Given the right circumstances I hold my own against Phobia just fine.  Sometimes I would like to believe Swift has a special controller for one button quick casting because of how fast he is at it.  But I don't believe that to be the case either.

Re: Best SR Rifler?

TruYadoo
"..a government connection.."
Unless there is some top level connection and they could somehow acquire it; several friends who made careers out of the military and transferred to more home based government positions, have said that the government connection isn't that superior if any better than high end top speed "civilian" connections.

Re: Best SR Rifler?

Morphine
Yeah, Phobia's rifle isn't that big of a deal, It's just when he's pistoling you he never misses a shot. I will wholeheartedly agree with Prophet's saying that Phobia is the #1 Hardest to kill SR player at the moment.
Heavenly Subjugation of the Omnipresent God!

Re: Best SR Rifler?

Yadoo, I find it hard to believe you're only 18 but have friends who have made careers(which usually takes a while to establish a "career") out of the military.  That sounds a little off.  Even if it were true then why would these "friends" have access to said connection anyways.  Just because they are in the military?  That also sounds off.  None of it matters anyways because I used the term "government connection" as a figure of speech referring to a bad ass connection, it wasn't literal.  Let's try to get back on the topic of Morphine being the best rifle in Shadowrun today though, shall we.

Re: Best SR Rifler?

TruYadoo
It may sound a little off but I actually like hanging around people older than I am.
Never liked hanging around people about the same age as me.
Actually, one of them is only 28 or 29 and should be becoming the youngest retired Captain in the Air Force.
(They fucked up and wouldn't cough up to it so he said he'd tell the Press.) He's out of the military now but the Air Force is going to give him a promotion to Captain and retirement benefits. (They've been stalling though from what he's told me recently.) I don't know what he did exactly but says the connection was horrible.

I thought it might of been a figure of speech but if it wasn't, felt I should share.

Morphine's Rifle? I don't know. I hardly ever get the pleasure of finding him while I'm not already fighting someone else. I'm sure it's pretty good.

Re: Best SR Rifler?

PlayShadowrun wrote
Since I've been playing on pc Tekka has lost my title of being the hardest player to kill in Shadowrun.  Dj gives me a harder time than Tek now, and Tek resorts to ev, smartlink, and clearing my body almost everytime he sees PlayShadowrun.  He rarely played like that, I noticed, when I was on xbox.
If that's true then he's lost some of my respect too. I used to play with him all the time both when he was on the xbox and when he switched to a pc and never saw him play like that. I guess some people just take this game too seriously. Thee Flash also clears me and only me whenever I play games with him. But hate between fellow pc players, just sad.

On a side note, is there a secret to rifling while standing/moving? I'm pretty beast with a rifle when I crouch but when I try to do it while moving, I don't compare to others who do those well too.

Re: Best SR Rifler?

Morphine
When i strafe rile I always keep the center of the rifle cursor on the enemies chest, and that works for me.

And prophet i don't think I have the best rifle, just one of the top ones. I'm not that conceded.
Heavenly Subjugation of the Omnipresent God!

Re: Best SR Rifler?

I'm pretty sure you have to put in 20yrs of service in the military before you can retire.  Anything else is not retiring.  This "friend" must be something quite special, even though it's definately off for a grown man to be hanging out with a kid unless he was a Big Brother or had emotional ties to said kid.  So yeah it all sounds completely off now, but anyways back to the topic, no need for another response on this matter.

I know you don't think you're the best Morphine, or do I?  No Name was thrown around in earlier posts, but I was confused because I've never associated any of his skill with a rifle.  Not saying he's not a beast with a rifle, but he kills me more with other weapons so I've never really noticed his rifle.

Not saying that Tek always plays like that, he totally denies using ev.  Just when he sees PlayShadowrun does he seem to rage.