Body Clearing & The Works!

ElectricChain
I'm ElectricChain and I like to body clear. I don't want anyone to take it personally, I clear friends and foes and puggs alike! I know everyone likes to play more and have that 'second chance' in every round but I remember when the game first came out and clearing was something everyone strived for; it made the game much more intense and made teamplay a requirement. People used to RUSH to the bodies for fear of them being cleared. Now everyone just sits back, and tries to kill people one by one until they are able to make the resurrect (and some people think that takes more skill... strange world right?) The only reason I used to play an elf was because 10 pips of essence allows you to teleport into a room, resurrect, and teleport out, but that strategy isn't as useful without the imminent fear of clearing.
It seems like the game has boiled down to a community of 'pros' who just take being cleared as an insult and ban it. I hold no qualms against those who clear me, fuck -- it's a compliment that they don't think they can kill me a second time!

A lot of the 'pros' complain about gust + SMG as well because it's "too cheap."  I personally hate the 'wired + katana + walk backwards + gust' trick that Humans are so fucking fond of! (Notice the profanity? That shit irks me in all the wrong places). I mean it renders your pistol and rifle pretty useless because they can stay alive long enough for a teammate to bail them out. Where's the skill in that? I realized that gust + SMG is a very effective counter to such a cheap tactic. So when I'm in a game where the enemies have a few rifle-ers and those katana guys, I'm gonna have an SMG and a rifle on my body, anything else would just give the enemy a silly advantage; and if my rifle is out of ammo you can bet your ass I'm gonna use the only other weapon I have. Pros like to say that the rifle takes more skill to use than the SMG. That's just not true; the rifle is stupid easy to get kills with on the bigger maps, especially when you practice a bit with it. About 5 shots kills an elf (assuming you hit them in the head at least once or so) and 8 or 9 kills a human. The rifle comes with 15 bullets. All of the good players reading this know exactly what I'm talking about because you've all sat on some high rise and rifled the excrement out of a bunch of enemies at some point, easily as melting ice in hell. (The weapons are situational!)

Everyone hates EV and smartlink. We all know that. I don't know why everyone hates it so much though. Smoke negates it heavily, and anyone who disagrees with that is free to join me in a private so we can test it (scientifically, not competitively -- but honestly anyone who disagrees with that probably isn't a good player). I think the real reason people hate EV and SL is because it requires them to map smoke, which slows their essence regeneration, and fucks with the 'overall' build that they were going for because now they're disadvantaged against players who can chase them faster than they can teleport away (damn that essence taxation!). Shadowrun is a rock-paper-scissor game though! When someone has the advantage over you, one of your teammates has the advantage over him! It's not supposed to be played like Halo 2 or old CoD where everyone has almost identical builds; the game is more akin to the team fortress balance (hence the different races). It's an easy argument to make that Shadowrun is almost literally an adaptation of Counter-Strike and TF2, wrapped in an awesome magic package.

If you really wanna say "fuck you" to the enemy, I suggest you find their dead body (whether you killed them or not) and drop your family jewels all over them. Everyone hates that.

P.S. - I won't be insulted with a TLDNR, it's literally too long for me to grammar check, so acronymize away!

Re: Body Clearing & The Works!

I don't have any problems with any of that.  Sure when everyone has gust smg on the other team I'll sulk and mention how it sucks, but nothing beyond that.  My only complaints are on those who use the things you mentioned as a crutch for every game.  There are particular players who have played for years and still buy smg or ev every game.  It's really a matter of disappointment in my fellow Shadowrunners.  I also think that players on pc should adjust their gameplay to accommodate the fun of others in the game.  That's why I won't use smg, ev, or smartlink on pc.  I also don't body clear so that others can get rezzed for more playtime.  But I understand that some people want to clear and I don't mind getting cleared myself.  I expect most people should clear me since if I get revived the chances of them killing me again are slim.  As for the community as a whole, we are much less in numbers than we were years ago, and the majority of the current community agrees that body clearing isn't wanted in most matches.  But I wouldn't let that dictate anyone from playing the way they want.

Re: Body Clearing & The Works!

It's sad that someone would have to make a topic like this. It's like making one that says "I use the warthog in Halo!". It's just part of the default game. This is more evidence that the babies have ruined this once beautiful game.

Re: Body Clearing & The Works!

TruYadoo
Using a warthog in Halo isn't as controversial or damaging to the community. Your analogy is worthless!

Look around Electric, BCing IS used as a tool to disrespect other players. It has become the new t-bag. If you don't agree with that, you are as you said about disagreeing with Smoke, not a very good player.
Electric, why is it that you hate the Wired - Katana combo but you completely approve of BCing? There are counters to the combo once some pulls it out, there is NO counter to BCing after you've been BCed. People know that and abuse it.
Resurrection is barely a counter at all, it takes up essence and both the resurrector and the resurrected can still be killed after a resurrection. There are NO drawbacks to BCing except for a couple seconds of time, that's another reason why TKing and being kicked out has been implemented as a drawback to BCing as again, there is NONE.
There is no Skill in attacking a motionless, dead corpse as there is still some in surviving while using the Wired - Katana combo.

How Prophet said, he doesn't use SMG, EV or SL while playing on PC because he has some respect for his fellow players, something that is lacking in those who choose to BC. Prophet understands that we're all suppose to have fun and being on PC using SL or EV is outright unfair for the other players. That's the one minor thing that we Anti-BCers ask of BCers, to actually show some respect for your fellow Shadowrunners but all we get in return in a big middle finger.

You then have the hypocrisy of BCers and BCing supporters. It's alright to BC in their eyes but as soon as I bring out SL + SMG on Xbox 360 or on PC, I'm somehow in the wrong even though that combo is just as much apart of SR as BCers rant about BCing being. If you want to disrespect me and BC me, you better be ready to face the consequences of my SL + SMG and you better not start crying about it and calling votes because it is you, the BCers who MADE me bring it out.
You then have on the rare occasions where I had been BCed a few times in a single match, to which I retaliate and I start going on a BCing frenzy. Ending up with 20+ BCs in 3 or 4 rounds resulting in me being kicked.

Why is it okay for you all to BC, BC and BC but as soon as I turn around and give you a taste of your own medicine, it pisses you off. If YOU don't want to be TKed, kicked or mass BCed in return for BCing, don't FUCKING BCing! Notice my profanity?

Re: Body Clearing & The Works!

ElectricChain wrote
I don't want anyone to take it personally
Too late. Some people take it very personally and see an insult where there is none. It's stupid I know but that's just how paranoid some people are.

Re: Body Clearing & The Works!

TruYadoo
Unyobro wrote
ElectricChain wrote
I don't want anyone to take it personally
Some people take it very personally and see an insult where there is none.
There is most definitely an insult there. You clearly don't know that since you hardly ever play SR.

Re: Body Clearing & The Works!

Jande
I remember when game came out, no one bothered to clear.

Re: Body Clearing & The Works!

Unyobro
Jande wrote
I remember when game came out, no one bothered to clear.
Total bullshit and you know it.

Re: Body Clearing & The Works!

TruYadoo
Yeah, that is a little bit of bullshit Jande.

There were more players so naturally there were more cowards, meaning BCing was more frequent. But those that BCed back then weren't as dieharded or thick headed as the ones we have now.

Re: Body Clearing & The Works!

No bullshitting.  Or atleast they didnt dare to bodyclear when I was in the game. I totally understand it tho.

Re: Body Clearing & The Works!

Unyobro
You guys and your fantasies. I remember clearly how it was. SR was a brutal and unforgiving game. Now it's neutered and coddling.

Re: Body Clearing & The Works!

TruYadoo
SR has always been coddling with its BCers, making all of you feel safe b/c you knew how to shoot a motionless corpse

Re: Body Clearing & The Works!

Unibrow, maybe you played with some of the newbies. But when Shadowrun God like myself played, no one really wanted to do it. I remember this very clearly because the first year, maybe even two, I played with my friend all day every day and we DID NOT like clearing and we never have to call votes. Ofc there was some random times when someone did a mistake and cleared but that was always dealt with.

Re: Body Clearing & The Works!

Unyobro
This is a new low. Claiming that body clearing cry babies had their way back when the game was new is just pathetic. I clearly remember how wrong this is. I used to play a lot and always random public matches. I got my love of the game, and clearing, from that time period. You guys are a joke.

Re: Body Clearing & The Works!

TruYadoo
Unyobro wrote
You guys are a joke.
And you are afraid of a video game..

Re: Body Clearing & The Works!

Yeah I started loving the game aswell on that time, when nobody cleared. Else, why would I be playing this game still?

Re: Body Clearing & The Works!

Unyobro
Don't worry Jande no takes you seriously anyways you don't have to troll about such obvious stuff.

Re: Body Clearing & The Works!

Jande
Just as obvious troll as you are.

Re: Body Clearing & The Works!

Unyobro
Whatever you need to tell yourself. One of us is telling the truth, I think most people who read this will know who.

Re: Body Clearing & The Works!

Jande
Yeah they know who tells the truth
12