Destiny

a24inHrtBreakR
Thoughts?  It doesn't look like shadowrun.  But looks to be a bit more skill based with some shadowrun ideas.  Maybe I'm just clinging to the idea that some game might one day hold a candle to shadowrun?

Re: Destiny

Don't feel bad, I also tell myself that one day there will be a game of Shadowrun's caliber when it comes to FPS.  I have had high hopes for Brink, Gotham City Imposters, and even Titanfall to remind me of the freshness that is Shadowrun gameplay.  Of course everyone of those were disappointments when compared to Shadowrun, even if they were good games on their own merits.  Despite my grand hope, I'm pretty convinced that only a proper sequel or a HD remake will ever compare to Shadowrun itself.  With how poorly sales figures were for the game I don't really expect any of that, even though Phil Spencer actually mentioned it in a list of games that he would love to one day go back to.  A $15 re-release on the Xbox One would be a dream come true, outdone only by a proper Shadowrun 2 being in the works.  If any other game could just get the concept of teleport down, then it would be a great first step towards a spiritual successor at least.

Destiny will no doubt be a great game.  It seems like Borderlands with a Halo skin on it to me, with of course lots of MMO elements to it.  With that said, it didn't take long for Borderlands to feel too repetitive for me, especially after 2 released.  Hopefully Destiny's environments and gameplay will be different enough to keep me enticed for a longer period of time than most games along that genre do.  I don't think it will live up to the hype that surrounds it though, at least for me it won't.  I will be purchasing it on the One and the 360 when it's released though and will probably consume most of my time until October's games come out.  Dragon Age, Shadows of Mordor, Sunset Overdrive and Evolve will be pulling me away from Destiny for sure.  Only for a short time however, since after that the Master Chief Collection will be consuming all of my time up until the new year probably.

Re: Destiny

PINPOINTASSOC

Re: Destiny

PINPOINT
I hink we should be more appreciative of the PC gamers in Shadowrun. I believe they are the main reason Microsoft has kept the sr servers going.