HELP BETTER SHADOWRUN ????

misanthropemoon
Has anyone ever tried getting shadowrun up on STEAM's Greenlight???? I figure if we do this we incrase the number of people playing since steam has a huge number of players that love MOBA games and also we could possibly make new maps on steam?? I'm a little new to steam so not 100% how it works I'm just curious. Also if this happens I'm hoping steam players can play vs xbox players but if that isnt the case then steam could be bad for the xbox shadowrun community. Well if anyone knows how to get this accomplished please comment

Re: HELP BETTER SHADOWRUN ????

I don't think this can be accomplished.  You have to run Shadowrun through windows live to play it, and that conflicts with steams own service.  It would be like the game having to run through two conflicting clients.  I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure that's why no GFWL game is on steam.  I wish it was though.

Re: HELP BETTER SHADOWRUN ????

MisanthropeMoon
Most games on steam only run on windows, they just started updating so some games can play on Linux and Mac OSX so I don't think that would matter. I just don't know how to request games on greenlight or if its possible since shadowrun's rights were bought from Microsoft ?

Re: HELP BETTER SHADOWRUN ????

Well yeah, most all games run on windows, but not Games For Windows Live(GFWL), which is required to play the Shadowrun FPS online which is still owned by Microsoft.  GFWL is actually set up like other clients in some ways, so it is like Steam and Origin to some extent.  It would be close to the equivalent of EA putting Battlefield 3-4 on Steam, which to my knowledge would never happen.  But then again, I barely use steam so I technically don't know exactly what is possible on their platform.  These are just assumptions.

Re: HELP BETTER SHADOWRUN ????

MisanthropeMoon
Oh man well idk want to start a petition to get Microsoft to sell GFWL on steam I mean it can only make them more money right . lets do it . idk how to start this though