HOW ABOUT A GUARANTEED CASH PRIZE TOURNAMENT?

HOW ABOUT A GUARANTEED CASH PRIZE TOURNAMENT?

theDISCIPLESego
I own a company called BigCityTourney and we hold live cash prize tournaments for the Xbox 360 for games like Madden, FIFA, COD, Halo, Street Fighter, Guitar Hero and many more. We recently restructured our organization and are now announcing that starting on April 7th in Columbus, Ohio we will be hosting a $5k Madden tournament, then May (game TBA) in Detroit, Michigan another $5k tourney and every month thereafter. We may not have the fire power that one "BIG" gaming circuit has, but we don't have any corporate sponsors yet either. We are two guys doing this on our own and plan on growing our circuit to at least two $5k tournaments a month. Each game will have approximately 6 to 8 Regional $5k events all ending in their own National event for a larger prize. The following is the Regional event payout structure.

1st - $3000
2nd - $1000
3rd - $500
4th - $500

All Regional event winners will automatically be placed in the playoff division in their respected National event. Each National event will begin with the "wild card" round for those that did not win a Regional event. Our Madden National event last year was held at the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio and was an awesome event. You can see the video at www.bigcitytourney.org along with other smaller events and pics of our TOUR BUS which will be announced later as to how that will come into play. If interested, I will continue to post our events and what else we have going on. Our website is up right now but will be shutting down within the next week temporarily for restructuring.

Re: HOW ABOUT A GUARANTEED CASH PRIZE TOURNAMENT?

Unyobro
This sounds like a scam.

Re: HOW ABOUT A GUARANTEED CASH PRIZE TOURNAMENT?

Seems on the up and up to me.
SJ

Re: HOW ABOUT A GUARANTEED CASH PRIZE TOURNAMENT?

SJ
seems legit

Re: HOW ABOUT A GUARANTEED CASH PRIZE TOURNAMENT?

TruYadoo
nice website

Re: HOW ABOUT A GUARANTEED CASH PRIZE TOURNAMENT?

Unyobro
Let me know if anyone wins any money.

Re: HOW ABOUT A GUARANTEED CASH PRIZE TOURNAMENT?

theDISCIPLESego
Unyobro, we appreciate negative guys like yourself man, you give us more drive. Actually, you can go to our website @ www.bigcitytourney.org and see videos of some of our smaller events and see winners getting paid. I saw that you don't do tournaments so you thinking it's a scam is absolutely fine with us because it doesn't affect our business in the least. I will be sure to post the live stream link to our $5k Madden event on here so you can see for yourself.

Thanks TruYadoo, we are actually redoing the website and it will be a log-in site with different game community forums and more. All our events will be live streamed through a site to be announced in a couple days.

Re: HOW ABOUT A GUARANTEED CASH PRIZE TOURNAMENT?

theDISCIPLESego
You can also add our Facebook pages to your friends list to see what we have going on.

The following pages are our Facebook pages and the bigger the group the better.

BigCity Tourney

Gto Pro
SJ

Re: HOW ABOUT A GUARANTEED CASH PRIZE TOURNAMENT?

SJ
so what does this have to do with shadowrun?

Re: HOW ABOUT A GUARANTEED CASH PRIZE TOURNAMENT?

Unyobro
I'm glad I can help motivate you with my skepticism. I just think it's best to be cautious when money is involved.

Re: HOW ABOUT A GUARANTEED CASH PRIZE TOURNAMENT?

The future maybe?

Re: HOW ABOUT A GUARANTEED CASH PRIZE TOURNAMENT?

I'll work for you for $100 per tournament.

Omni, this doesn't really have much to do with Shadowrun, other than it's a gaming community and I'm sure the gamers on here play other games as well. With that being said, I am one of S/R biggest fans and love the game, in fact, it is really the only game I play and would absolutely love to bring a cash tournament to the scene, however, I fear the community is not big enough to make it worth more than just bringing the loyal Shadowrunners together for some fun. As I am not ruling it out just yet, I am merely trying to get some information out on as many gaming fourms as possible is all and this is one of my favorite sites out.

SJ, the post under Omni's is actually meant to answer your question.

Re: HOW ABOUT A GUARANTEED CASH PRIZE TOURNAMENT?

"this is one of my favorite sites out"

This made me feel all warm inside.

Re: HOW ABOUT A GUARANTEED CASH PRIZE TOURNAMENT?

omnipotive
Then you should probably see a doctor. You might have a fever.

I know when I got a hug from a girl once I had that feeling too, and then I woke up.

Re: HOW ABOUT A GUARANTEED CASH PRIZE TOURNAMENT?

theDISCIPLESego
More Exciting News from BigCity:

We are proud to announce our partnership with VirginGaming. If you check out our Madden forum, where all our information for our $5k Madden tournament on April 7th, you will find that anyone that uses the promo code we put out for entry to Virgin Gaming's $400,000 Madden tournament on April 27th, will receive an immediate $50 off the $450 entry to their event. Along with this, VirginGaming is giving the WINNER and RUNNER-UP to our BigCity Madden Bowl (April 7th) FREE ENTRY to their HUGE $400,000 event held on April 27th, in NYC. We are excited to be partnered up with VG.

Link to our Madden forum is http://www.thegamerslab.com/community/madden-nfl-12-news-general-info/

Once you enter the link, scroll down on the forum page to "normal threads" and it is the second announcement. On here you will find a post by Zach Z from VG.

We are officially partnered with Virgingaming, which will pay off for tournament players.

Re: HOW ABOUT A GUARANTEED CASH PRIZE TOURNAMENT?

Bloody_eL
So, your advertising for your site?

Re: HOW ABOUT A GUARANTEED CASH PRIZE TOURNAMENT?

theDISCIPLESego
Bloody, no we are not advertising our site, actually thegamerslab is not our site but the community forum for our Madden tournaments. Our site is www.bigcitytourney.org

What we are trying to do is get the word out about all our tournaments that we will be putting on, like Madden, FIFA, COD, Halo, Street Fighter and others. To be quite honest, I am seriously considering holding a live Shadowrun tournament. Again, this is just something I am playing with knowing that a live tournament probably would not be a good business decision. The fact that I love the game so much almost outweighs that decision though.