How to play with a DEAF troll

Bloody_eL
*Written by DDT Blueterror

Most of the veteran shadowrun players already know this, but I feel that since theres been an increase in new people that it might be nice to post this up, and it'd be a good review for anyone because as of late there has been a lack of use in the d-pad in privates so I feel that this thread is necessary for anyone who would like to play with a deaf player. I will be updating this thread later if I find any more good ways to communicate with deaf players and am willing to answer random questions here.

How to play with a deaf troll 101-

1. I'm deaf, don't get mad at me for not calling out or not responding to call outs. Use your directional pad to let me know what's going on. The dpad is very important to me especially if 2 people are down, or if its pinnancle/powerstation.

Ok heres something new that I just figured!

As the troll, having rez bought is huge for me cuz that way I can figure out where my teammates dead bodies are and help my rezzers with a strategy around making a push to get my rezzers the clear to go in there. However, without rez bought I have to figure out where the heck everyones at.

I've realized that the solution is once again to use ur d-pad. By saying u need rez thru the d-pad u show ur location which is VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ME. I will know where the hot zones are at and check the location of my rezzers and their health then make a serious push to help my teammates rez ppl!

2. I play troll and 2nd round I can't hear who to pass clicks to so I give all my money to one player to hand out. If you are that player please hand out to the rest of the team.I will give the money to the other troll if we are running 2-troll teams.

3. In later rounds I will continue to give money to that player to hand out. Please disperse this money, it's not just for you.

4. If you want me to buy rez give me the money for it then cast rez at the very beginning of the round so I know to buy rez. most of the time I buy it on my own to avoid this hassle.

5. If you want me to push hit the move button on the directional pad and I will push where you want to push. This is very very important to me, I will be announcing my desires to push via this command too and if we are down 2 players and you want me to push to assist you in blazing up the enemy while you rez some people then do it.

6. When I get ambushed or am low on health I'll hit "need backup". If you need a tree from me, hit "backup" please.

7. If I'm dead and i see no one guarding my body ill hit "need rez" this is my little way to communicate you that i dont see anyone.

I main the troll because its a race that can function smoothly in privates without needing to ask for clicks all the time but if I have to play human then well....heres my strat if you need a click from me:

shoot on the floor at the beginning of a round with ur pistol and teabag/jump. or whatever. I will click you twice. I avoid playing as "little people" at all costs though because of the lanaguage barrier in these races but I like human/ev to reduce the weakness of not hearing callouts. But overall, please let me stick with being the troll as it is the race that i have the most experience in privates.

My aim s/n is rocquetorque if you want to communicate with me in-game or just chat in general about whatever.

USE THE D-PAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been seeing a sharp decline in people trying to call out w/ the d-pad. and its tough enough trying to figure everything out on my own, so try using it because its never a good feeling to feel like I'm "just running around". if you want to postion me strategically push "move" early in the rounds at a spot that you'd like me to defend.

Re: How to play with a DEAF troll

omnipotive
Thanks for the share! It might also belong in the Game Info section.

Re: How to play with a DEAF troll

Jande
Way too many people ignore the D-pad call outs. I Myself like to use it  way more because, well belive it or not, but i still dont know all the places after 5 years of playing the game :p

Re: How to play with a DEAF troll

I always use D-Pad callouts, even when I play xbox.

Re: How to play with a DEAF troll

I CONSTANTLY use the d-pad. I don't use the "Move!" option because, well, that would just make me sound like a douche, but I constantly call out enemies and use the "Need back-up" option. People should use that more often when they're either bleeding out or have run into more enemies than they can handle.

Re: How to play with a DEAF troll

Same here... I know the maps but I don't know street names and areas. I need to work on that.

Re: How to play with a DEAF troll

Unyobro
I always use the D-pad too. I use all of them when the situation calls for it. Move may seem douchey but if you use it when you start the round to let everyone know the best direction to go then it can help a lot. I notice people will start to follow if you make an effort to call out directions without yelling over the mic.

I have a deaf guy on my friends list but it's been awhile and I forget his name now. I'm sure some of you know him, on his profile it says "I'm deaf text me".