Katana Tournament

TruYadoo
Who likes to face off in a one on one battle to the death while using nothing but a katana?
evilCHIPleader and I will be hosting a tournament to find the best Shadowrun samurai.
The first matches will be held on Saturday March 31st 2012, beginning at noon.

Please send all entries to SR_Katanas@live.com.

A total of three (3) 1600 Microsoft Point cards will be purchased and given out to the winners by evilCHIPleader.
All participants MUST have an email address and a working microphone. evilCHIPleader will only EMAIL the codes to the winners.
If you are uncomfortable with giving out your email address, you are able to create a brand new email address for use of this tournament.

Participants can choose to either play as an human or an elf.
Elves will face off against other elves and humans will face off against humans.
Each battle will be the best of three (3) rounds.

The top Elf will be given a 1600 Microsoft Point card.
The top Human will be given a 1600 Microsoft Point card.

Championship:
Top Elf vs Top Human
Winner gets a second 1600 Microsoft Point card.
The Championship match will be the best of five (5) rounds.

There will be one judge on each team to watch what the players buy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------- RULES ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Map: Nerve Center -- Attrition (Fighting will take place in the hanger where the Artifact spawns.)
Absolutely no shooting.
No Magic, No Tech, No grenades.
Only the judges will be allowed to purchase Trees of Life and Resurrection.

Other participants will be allowed in the match but will need to watch from either balcony. Any waiting player that interferes with a battle or enters the hanger/leaves either balcony, will be disqualified from the tournament.

EVERY player is able to enter into the tournament. Only one (1) entry per person. No multiple accounts.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. Contact either me or evilCHIPleader.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking for a second judge.
Judge # 1: evilCHIPleader
Judge # 2: To be decided.

To hopefully prevent any arguments or complaints, I shall not be judging nor participating in this tournament.
If you are interested in becoming the second judge, please directly contact either me or evilCHIPleader on Xbox LIVE.

Re: Katana Tournament

TruYadoo
Added: PC players are allowed!
Spread the word!!

Re: Katana Tournament

Unyobro
Why no dwarf or troll? I know troll is crazy strong with katana but I think that only makes it more fun. Dwarf has a weird range with the katana so I think it would be funny and show some skill if those duels happened. Maybe if you have a second tournament you can include all races?

Re: Katana Tournament

The "set up" mentioned/intended will be on one side, elves will compete against the other elves to determine the "Best Elf Samurai" while on the other side, humans will compete against the other humans to determine the "Best Human Samurai". Then once the best from each race has been determined, they will face off against each other to determine the over champion.

If this first tournament goes well, I "may" think over an All Races Katana Tournament but it will be at least double elimination and have some kind of point system. I however, will not begin thinking of the next tournament until this first one plays out.

Everyone, please spread the word around. If anyone is interested and would like to participate, please have them email SR_Katanas@live.com, with their gamertag and intended race.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to post here or contact evilCHIPleader or me directly over Xbox LIVE.

Re: Katana Tournament

TruYadoo
Current name: 2012 Shadowrun Katana Showdown

If anyone can think up a better name, let us hear it. I'm all eyes!

Re: Katana Tournament

swiftmiester
ill play

Re: Katana Tournament

TruYadoo
If you'd like to enter the tournament. Please go to Shadowrun.enjin.com
and click 'Entry Form'. Fill out the application and submit.

Hopefully this will get more people to be proactive on applying.
You might need to sign up to Enjin.com to fill it out.

Re: Katana Tournament

WhyIEyezYa
I am totally down but i don't get off work and home till 11:30pm or so central time
Why I Eyez Ya

Re: Katana Tournament

TruYadoo
Do you work on Saturdays?