Life after Shadowrun

Unyobro
So what's gonna happen when the next xbox comes out and 360 SR eventually dies? I was thinking about this the other day because we could see it pretty soon. I know nothing will happen right at launch but we all know it will end soon after. Any plans for a PC server? How long will prophet keep this site going?

Re: Life after Shadowrun

Jande
I propably just get new xbox and live happily. Shadowrun is a shit game but still the best FPS that has come out for 360.

Re: Life after Shadowrun

DJ Da B3st
I'm starting a new job this summer and with those newfound $$$ I plan  on getting the new xbox. And with all the games available on the xbox platform I expect to see my time spent on SR to slowly but surely diminish. I just hope another game maker will come around and make another game just like it because it will be a sad day when I can't play my favorite game anymore and not have a good replacement for it.

I also wonder what PlayShadowrun plans on doing after the game dies off. Maybe create another site for your next favorite game?

Re: Life after Shadowrun

Some of those questions are kind of impossible to answer until the new xbox actually releases or at least properly announced and revealed.  There are too many rumors and leaks circulating to know much about what the new xbox will be like.  I don't see next gen actually taking off for a couple of years and I expect the 360 servers to at least be up for a few years after that.  So I honestly think that Shadowrun will live on for a few more years.

I wonder how connected the GFWL servers and 360 servers are.  If the xbox servers go down permanently will they go ahead and do GFWL servers also, I mean we all know that GFWL has been slowly decaying as well.  And then of course, will we be able to still host dedicated servers after the GFWL servers are shut down.  So many variables, so little time.

As for playshadowrun.com?  Well as of right now I am locked in for two more years.  So even if I never updated the site again, it will still be here for archive purposes at least until 2015.  And I actually still plan for this site to be up long after Shadowrun dies completely out.  I will enjoy dwelling on the past for years after Shadowrun falls, hopefully at least.  But only time will tell.

Re: Life after Shadowrun

What are you talking about? There is no life after Shadowrun!

Re: Life after Shadowrun

I realize these questions are somewhat impossible to answer. My point is to brainstorm with you guys and see what comes up.

That's true about the next gen not picking up for longer than I assumed. People are pretty unsure about the next xbox so it might start slow and suffer.

Good to hear this site will be up for a while yet. We may not have the game anymore but we'll have our memories. And we can still make fun of Jande.

Re: Life after Shadowrun

persistive
mhmmm... it will be time to beast a diff game.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.”

Re: Life after Shadowrun

This is not something I want to think about, but...

I think the PC community will continue for a while. People are still playing Halo 1 and 2 on PC.

Get a computer, ya'all. It's an older game so you don't need that powerful of a system.

Re: Life after Shadowrun

a soggy fish
Hack it