Looking to play Shadowrun PC online.

SirTopemHat
So I am getting to this party severely late. I see that the community is not entirely active but I am still trying to find anyone who still plays.

Re: Looking to play Shadowrun PC online.

TruYadoo
Actually the last few days I've been having issues with GfWL and signing in. Keeps saying Windows LIVE ID service is unavailable.

Re: Looking to play Shadowrun PC online.

Lots of people still play. I get into matches regularly on Sunday still. Unfortunately you cannot exactly trust what the public matchmaking says.  It says 0 for me constantly while I have friends and recent players in multiple matches.

Re: Looking to play Shadowrun PC online.

xanderbro
I played shadowrun a very long time ago on xbox.  I thought about it the other day.  There was one pc copy left on Amazon!  I was wondering if we had any idea how many people are still active in the community.  Also, does anyone have any idea how hard it will be to get it to run on windows 10?

Re: Looking to play Shadowrun PC online.

Rogerson x
This post was updated on .
I am in the exact same boat as you. I used to play on Xbox and have just today received my PC copy from Amazon. Currently trying to install on Windows 10, I'll let you know how I get on installing it. I'm fairly certain there is still people playing, but at this point you will need to either have them added as friends or join them through recent players. Hopefully once the PlayShadowrun.com site goes back up then things may get going!

EDIT:  So firstly, I had to download the lastest title update (TU3) from the XBox website. It wouldn't download automatically after attempting to download my profile from GFWL. This wasn't much of a problem though.

After installing everything seemed to be working great. Couldn't find a single game listed on the dedicated server list, but I searched for a public game and got straight into a full game! I tried searching for public games on the 360 the other day but there wasn't a single match found. Not sure if this was due to the time of day or because the 360 servers won't automatically find a game hosted by a PC player.