Mass Effect

TruYadoo
I am back to say one thing and one thing only.

- I was wrong about Mass Effect 3. (And 2)

Goodbye

Re: Mass Effect

Unyobro
You're wrong about a lot of stuff this isn't surprising or interesting.

Re: Mass Effect

LOL, some things will never change.  On the subject though, I finally stomached through ME2 and purchased ME3 which I have yet to really start.  And that was over 6 months ago.

Re: Mass Effect

a soggy fish
I liked the first one

Re: Mass Effect

Unyobro
I liked all 3 but there is a big change from 1 to 2. They dumbed it down a lot to "streamline" it. 3 has awesome multiplayer though, everyone should try it if possible.

Re: Mass Effect

I played through 1 twice, the second time I finished it days before ME2 came out.  I was so excited because I really liked ME and was looking forward to continue the story of an epic rpg shooter.  Boy was I disappointed.  ME2 wasn't a rpg at all.  It was a third person shooter with rpg elements.  I initially tried to overlook that for sake of the story, but the farther I got, the more I noticed the changes.  Everything had been dumbed down when I was hoping for expanses.  I mean where the hell is the lore behind going from a universe with developed technology in the form of rechargeable weapons to needing to search for ammo just like in every other shooter.  How did that backtrack make sense?  And don't even get me started on how open to exploration ME was.  We went from searching whole worlds in far off galaxies(some pretty barren I admit) to scanning planets for resources in a meta game type set up.  I fell asleep doing that so many times.  So naturally I was mortified.  If only I had play the second play through of ME a year before ME2 came out it would not have felt so different.  But after forcing myself to finish two years later, I still think the story is epic and I look forward to finishing ME3 one day, probably a year or so from now.

Re: Mass Effect

TruYadoo
I am back, back again.. to read what's been written!

Anyways! It does seem like he will never change, Prophet.

After however many months, I signed back in to announce that I was less than right about Mass Effect 3 and of course, your friendly neighborhood egotist had to make his own appearance and reply with his same old bout of "egotisticalism".

Well, I guess that's all for me.

Re: Mass Effect

I agree with everything you just said PlaySR, Just wanted to add that i was alsao disappointed in the biotic/ability changes.. in ME1 each power had a cooldown individually so you could combine powers easier, sucks how ME2 uses a universal cooldown so some powers pretty much silence you for 30 seconds -.-

And yes taking the Mako out was bullshit

Re: Mass Effect

They really gutted ME2. I played through it mainly to complete that part of the story, almost like an obligation. I did like some of the characters though, Mordin ftw!

@Yadoo- I love the lie in your first post, I knew you couldn't just say one thing and go away. My reply had nothing to do with ego. I was just amused with you announcing you were wrong as if anyone really cares. Maybe if you played the game before judging it you would've made a more informed opinion about it in the first place. Never change bro, you're too amusing.

@Fishy- I got a lot of flak for saying the mako being removed was BS. I guess a large part of the ME community couldn't handle how awesome it was.

Re: Mass Effect

Fishy
Mordin and Thane were so beast! :'(
Wow really? I used to spend hours fucking around with the jump thingy haha

Re: Mass Effect

Unyobro
Thane was also awesome. I still load up youtube clips of his stories sometimes just to experience it again. When they make the next ME game I hope it stars a Drell like him.

I spent way too much time with the Mako. I loved struggling to climb mountains I didn't really need to climb. That game knew what Sci Fi exploration was about. Then they became hallway simulators.

Re: Mass Effect

TruYadoo
It wasn't so much of a lie, I had every intention of it being the first and last post but when you had to show your ego again, I felt the need to tell you to hop off your high horse. And yes, it was every bit your ego.

There's the other thing, I had tried it (kinda) before criticizing it. I still have no idea how or why but the demo had a different representation of ME3 than the full game.

Re: Mass Effect

Unyobro
So basically you lied about not posting again and you judged the ME games before really playing them. Same old same old.

Btw which super secret account do you play ME3 on?

Re: Mass Effect

Yeah i hope there's another Drell, I always read all the codecs about everything, its amazing how in-depth everything is. And oh god the amount of hours i must have put into trying to climb to the top of every single mountain i saw xD

Re: Mass Effect

Unyobro
It seems like fans loved Thane so I wouldn't be surprised to see another prominent drell in their next game. I just doubt they'll have an alien main character because it's a risk and they're cowardly now that EA owns them. We'll get another dudebro human to play dress up with.