Mouse and keyboard gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO02oNNL6Z0

Just a match I played mouse and keyboard. There might be more coming soon if I'm not lazy.

Re: Mouse and keyboard gameplay

ultimatechipsx
Cool vid. I think quickcasting is what kept me away from mouse/kb. Just not worth the lil bit extra accuracy to give up the speed I can get in quickcasting on a controller :/

Re: Mouse and keyboard gameplay

Jande
Yeah, the quickcasting is a big problem for me aswell. But I dont really agree with the whole "more accuracy" with mouse and keyboard.  Well I guess it helps you snipe and use SMG alot easier, but thats the only pro's of mouse and keyboard.
Rifling against a (decent/good/pro) player who uses controller... Its just near impossible because of the controllers auto aim.

Re: Mouse and keyboard gameplay

TruYadoo
There is NO auto aim! "Aim assist" is different.
Simply because you aren't used to using keyboard and mouse to play SR, doesn't change that KB/M is capable of being more accurate. We're all just used to using a controller

Re: Mouse and keyboard gameplay

ultimatechipsx
Shadowrun is just probably the only game in the world where I'd prefer controller over mouse/kb simply due to quickcasting.  Two players of equal skill, one with controller and one with mouse/kb, the controller has the advantage. Just faster options and the quicker versatility gives them the edge.

Re: Mouse and keyboard gameplay

Auto Aim, aim assist... Same thing. In all other games it might be true that KB/M is more accurate... but this game is cross platform game...  No matter how experienced KB/M player you get, a good plyer with controller wins him so easily because of the auto aim/aim assist.

Re: Mouse and keyboard gameplay

TruYadoo
Aim assist and auto aim are NOT the same thing. It's even in their names...
"Aim Assist" is a partial assist while "Auto Aim" is that of an AimBot where it AUTOMATICALLY aims for you.

I don't QuickCast, feels too ridiculous for me. I've just become so quick at switching that I can still keep up with QuickCasters.

Re: Mouse and keyboard gameplay

Jande that argument doesn't stand at all.  Just because this happens to be a cross-platform game doesn't change the fact that lots of other pc games allow for controller use and it's still pretty much common knowledge that M/K is more accurate for anyone who actually knows how to use them.  Also auto aim is not the same thing as aim assist no matter how you look at it.

Re: Mouse and keyboard gameplay

Jande
Yeah they allow controller for other games aswell, but they do not have the AIM ASSIST there. For example, Battlefield 4, Team Fortress 2, Tribes Ascend. You name it.
This is just a game that you get a clear disadvantage when playing with mouse and keyboard.

Re: Mouse and keyboard gameplay

Do you have any sources to link me to for that information, because I can't find anything, but did find where Battlefield 3 on pc did have aim assist and everyone still agreed that M/K was more accurate.  But then again I also found a forum thread claiming Battlefield 3 didn't have aim assist.  So is there some actual official statements on aim assist anywhere?

Re: Mouse and keyboard gameplay

Jande
As far as I played Battlefield 4 beta and Team Fortress 2 with controller. There was no aim assist. But IF there is. Its very very very very very very VEEEEEEEEEEEERY minimum and not noticeable.
But yes, mouse and keyboard is more accurate on other games that are not cross platform but in this game... its a whole nother story.