My time with the Xbox One.

As many of you know, the new generation of consoles have released.  If you have followed the launch announcements and news since E3, then you are aware of the fake console war that has been taking place.  Hopefully, if you are an early adopter of a system, you haven't let biased information sway your decision.  Unfortunately, there is a lot of said information out there that stems from gamers trying to justify their own decisions by trying to insult others for theirs.

With all the being said, I hope whoever has gotten a PS4, is enjoying their console, and I would like to hear actual feedback on your experience.  I myself, got an Xbox One.

The major factors for my console decision was games and controller.  I haven't held a Dualshock 4 controller yet, but have heard good things about it. Apparently, there is a vast improvement over the Dualshock 3.  However, the basic design of the controller for the past 2 generations have left me feeling less immersed.  Since I've used a controller with offset stick placement on the original xbox, I've never felt fully comfortable holding any thing else.  I've heard of 3rd party controllers for the PS3 with a 360 design to it, but never have seen one in action personally and would be interested in owning one if it worked successfully.  No such controller for PS4 though, and that will probably be the case for a while.  Of course this is strictly opinionated and a matter of preference, just like the games factor.  I went with the One because of Killer Instinct, a franchise I fell in love with as a kid, that left me longing for a sequel for years, and Dead Rising 3, a franchise I could never get into because of time restrictions and frustrating gameplay elements which were announced as fixed in the new one.  I was interested in Killzone on PS4, but not as much as Battlefield 4 which was also on the One.  Those were the main games in contest for my launch purchase, and the One won me over by a landslide.  Factor that with the fact that they have an interesting lineup for the next year that includes Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, and of course Halo, and that I have more time and energy invested in Xbox Live through achievements, social functioning, and gameplay, I knew I couldn't go wrong with the One.  For the people who weren't interested in the Xbox launch lineup, the PS4 of course had Killzone, Injustice, Warframe, DCUniverse, and many more great games you can't get on Xbox One.  So if you haven't decided which system to get, I'd suggest just going with whatever has the games you are most interested in.  You can't go wrong basing your decision on that.

As far as my experience with the One, I honestly am 100% satisfied with my $700+ purchase for it and the games/accessories. The Kinect's voice commands aren't perfect but actually work better than I thought they would which changed my mind from removing it from the system entirely.  The motion controls seem to be pretty spotty in most instances, and there's not much use for it's features outside of UI navigation, that work well at least. Some seemed to dislike the UI of the One, but I myself find it much easier and more compressed than the 360's UI.  There's only 3 main tabs with each one pretty self explanatory, but it does take a little getting used to.  Of course, most of these experiences will get better in the future through support, hopefully.  I have plenty of other complaints concerning the system, including hdd management, certain UI functionality that should be there, and a disconnection from my friends and their habits, but am hopeful they will address the problems in the near future.  So by no means is the system perfect, but I've never owned a system that was or ever heard of one that was, based on personal preference of course.

One of the new things on the Xbox One is the game DVR which allows you record, edit, and upload clips.  The recording time is restricted to 5 minutes at a time, but you can put clips together in editing to form a much longer video, which I haven't tested extensively yet, which leads me to the point of this wall of text and the thread itself.  I will be posting my Xbox One clips here for testing and viewing, and might leave a little opinion on each game, depending on my time frame.

Re: My time with the Xbox One.

RogueDB
Very interesting. Thanks for posting this. Still debating, since I mostly just play games on PC now. If I go with a console, though, it'll prob be the Xbox One. Better game selection and better controller, for sure. I've always thought playstation graphics were a little sharper, though.

Re: My time with the Xbox One.

Finally got around to uploading some clips from the One.  The capture seems to be a little dark on my Dead Rising 3 videos.

.

.

Re: My time with the Xbox One.

Tekka
I got one on black friday but, unfortunately, have got rid of it after playing most of the good games on it. Beat dead rising, cod was trash, and battlefield 4 had network issues. I did like the system and saying xbox on to turn it on was pretty cool. ^_^. I plan on getting it later this year again, perhaps after titanfall is released. Also, already seeing a few on craigslists listed for $420ish so that's a definite good sign they'll be easy to get later at a cheaper price.

Re: My time with the Xbox One.

DJ Da B3st
I bought the xbox one for my brother for Christmas and I've been playing on it too and I can honestly say that I dig it. The voice  commands are pretty cool. Not only for turning on the xbox but especially to sign in (saves a lot of navigation and clicks if multiple GTs are being used on the console).

As far as the games, yes there was a lot of connectivity issues and in my case with Battlefield 4, which is the game I play the most. But an update was released last week which fixed most of the issues I used to have. Now I'm able to connect to games every time I look for one. Battlefield 4 and maybe COD (haven't played it yet) will probably be my go to games once GFWL is closed.

OAN: Supercross06 has been rubbing it in my face that GFWL is getting shutdown in July as if my life will be over once it does lol.