Need some help...

Garden Gnome707
I was wondering if you guys would have the answer as it seems all other websites containing information on Shadowrun are long dead. I just recently bought Shadowrun for the PC (after having the console version sense the release). Now, while playing the game on my PC with any other player (public match or solo) the game begins to lag like crazy. My fps' drop to about an average of 10fps. It doesn't seem that changing the graphic's settings do much to help the lag. I've tried setting everything on the lowest setting, even through my video card it's self, and i still receive the horrid lag. help please?

comp specs:
AMD Athlon II X2 250 processor 3 GHz
4 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4600 1024MB

Re: Need some help...

swiftmiester
the fps lowering would tell me its a hardware and or driver issue and not actually lag try going to http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ and post back your results

Re: Need some help...

Garden Gnome707
Everything came back as a pass with almost double the requirements.

Re: Need some help...

I associate my fps dropping with my processor, almost like I barely have the power to run the game and record the gameplay.  Check out the GFWL page for a link to the GFWL forums where there is troubleshooting and support information.  CptnJack hangs out there and could most likely help.

Re: Need some help...

swiftmiester
if you have a processor bottleneck lowering the resolution will help to alleviate the situation and yeah recording can definitely hog the processor alot

Re: Need some help...

HL2HebrewHammer
Na it defintly isn't a processor bottleneck, I've run this game on a pentium 4 with 2gb of ram. Sounds like a driver problem maybe.

Re: Need some help...

swiftmiester
he was talking about recording with fraps while playing....which is hard on ram, processor  and hardrives due the large uncompressed video file being created while also rendering a game