New Game Style c/o PlayShadowrun

Minion Preacher
This post was updated on .
                                                                 The "King's Tournament" or "King of Races" tournament.
                                                                        To see who is the best "head up" player of each race.
                                                 2-16 players Double elimination/round robin/Brackets tournament.

1st  you make a circle in the middle of a map(the BIGGER the better),by alternating a player(spectator),then a tree.  Till a large circle is made in the center of the room.  This is called the "Circle of Life",like the Thunderdome or UFC style..or for you ole school brothers "the octagon"!  You can challenge someone or simply "call them out".  You can elect a referee(usually the one who is hosting the battle).  The two combatants begin in the center,  ALL other players are observers!  The reff motions to the left and ask "are you ready"?  He must reply "yes" to make sure he is fully healed and set.  Then, the ref motions right and ask the same.  The two players MUST be facing each other ," bow and begin".  A UFC style start.  The two combatants can use any weapon,magic or tech they choose as long as they stay WITHIN the "Circle of Life".  Any attempt to teleport or leave the circle can be delt with in a number of ways:  1)He can be disqualified or "yeilds" to the battle,considered a forfeit.  2)He can be pushed or gusted back into the field of play.  3)A spectator can take a swing with a katana(usually a long time enemy).  4)He can be immediately assassinated by EVERYONE(RNA and/or Lineage)  Everyone involved must be on party chat, for this to work=communication is crucial!  The winner of the last and final match will be crowned and receive the title of "King of Human's" or whatever race you choose!  As time runs out,toward the end of the match , the referee can announce a "battle royal"  EVERYONE in the circle must then fight to the DEATH!  The winner of the battle royal will receive the title of "Last Man Standing"......remember the can only be ONE.

STEPS:
1)Create a circle by alternating a tree and a person.
2)Two combatants face each other  a)bow b)begin battle
3)Must stay inside the "Circle of Life", the battle is to the death or yield.
4)Side bets are encouraged(by spectators)(more money for NEXT round of combat).
5)Keep BOTH combatants inside the circle BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY!
6)Winner will be crowned and receive the title of "King or Human's" Fall/2013
7)All floating "team killers" or people who will not comply will be assassinated on the spot!

Advantages/Helpful Hints
Advantages of a "King's" style tournament- you control the majority vote: keeps cowards(teleporters/gliders) under control, unable to flea or run....will make it fun for the floating "teamkillers", vista players, and connection issues, it ends up being a little like a "fox hunt".  POV for "LIVESTREAMING" for a "matrix" style coverage from the spectators, great "Point Of View" for full coverage of battles.  Increases you skill at "close quarters" combat, thus making ALL players involved a better and more rounded player.

Well enjoy, se la vi.....I'll see you ALL on the fifty yard line if you dare?

                                              Shadowrun's 2013 "King of Dwaves".......is     "Sandino420"...."ProperMike"...?
                                                                                                    It  could  be YOU???

                                                                                                                       Respectfully,
                                                                                                                   Minion Preacher
PS. happy hunting   :-)

Re: New Game Style c/o PlayShadowrun

There I made it look a little better.

Thank you....Oh Mighty PlayShadowrun....Peace!

MinionPreacher
I am the REAL.........Minion Preacher Top Ten "TEAMKILLERS"
1)Knockout
2)Blackout
3)Bay Area Grinder
4)Asuse Ice
5)Sokoto
6)Fn Mario/Luigi
7)Button's Riffle
8)Pain
9)Twinkie Overloard
10)8BitPunk

Re: New Game Style c/o PlayShadowrun

PINPOINTASSOCDOTCOM
Thanks Play for bringing Minion's idea back. I think it is awesome.
ShadowrunClub.com

Re: New Game Style c/o PlayShadowrun

Fishy
Looks fun, I'll give it a go

Re: New Game Style c/o PlayShadowrun

onnoj
I love the idea of betting in game money !!!

Re: New Game Style c/o PlayShadowrun

Its readable atleast but I still dont like the idea.

why don't you like the idea??
ShadowrunClub.com

Re: New Game Style c/o PlayShadowrun

MinionPreacher
Jande,you wouldn't know a "GOOD IDEA" if it jumped up and bitch slapped you in the mouth.Close your mouth and open your mind,YOU might just learn something!BTW-pull your head out of you ass once I a while,two things will happen:1)You will let oxygen to your brain so you can actually think for once!2)You get a lot better perspective of the world(improve your weak vision)!

Re: New Game Style c/o PlayShadowrun

ReaXtioN
stupid.....stupid idea

Re: New Game Style c/o PlayShadowrun

MinionPreacher
Thanks Pinpoint,it's time for a change in game style....."in-game"betting ,Great POV(Point Of View) for LIVESTREAM total coverage.The Vikings did it,the Mongols....Olde English-HELL even the Barbarians fought in such a style.If it's good enough for CONAN it's good enough for me! "Sword Dancer" is a great book.It's part of a 4 book series by Jennifer Roberson.The lead character is where I got my very 1st GAMERTAG back in the good ole days when I ran around with guys like Gnome77,NC Skwalk3r,and Sovern Sareign.The "SandTiger" fought in the middle of a circle drawn in the sand.Check it out!!!!Sake n' Bake Shadowrunners and be sure to check out the blog for MINION PREACHER's new game style!More to come ...soon!                                              MP

Re: New Game Style c/o PlayShadowrun

a soggy fish
Minion I didn't know you could read.. and I remember skywalke3r, those were the good days..

Re: New Game Style c/o PlayShadowrun

The thing is it's ultimately a 1v1 in a small area. If there are 8 guys in a room, I think we would play 4v4 instead of this.

Re: New Game Style c/o PlayShadowrun

PINPOINTASSOCDOTCOM
We did a Katana tournament and it was impossible to get 8 guys to stand around and behave to let the 1 v 1 happen. We basically could only have the judges and 2 players on each side in at one time. One judge grabbed the artifact, one made the tree and each player had a resur. We all stood on each corner of the rectangle in Nerve Center.
ShadowrunClub.com

Re: New Game Style c/o PlayShadowrun

MinionPreacher
The best map is the one with the blocks in the center.Katanas are good starting out,if they STAY in the circle and fight to the death it takes only a few seconds.The other players need to have enough "SELF CONTROL" to wait THEIR turn.You must also have a referee with balls and a BIG voice to be able to VETO and "out talk" everyone else!ALL must be on party chat (both)teams.Try it with veterans first then work in the noobs and "mouths".The only people this won't appeal to is the cowards who run away or the OCD/crack heads that can't keep still.!

Re: New Game Style c/o PlayShadowrun

a soggy fish
I agree that the most difficult thing while getting this to work will be making everyone behave, especially when holding katana's.. we all know how easy it is for your finger to just slip onto that right trigger

Re: New Game Style c/o PlayShadowrun

MinionPreacher
I see you are calling it the "King of the Maps" tournament,I am the original flavor...ALL others are imitations ,best players in Shadowrun are :The Havok King,Sandino420,DontHateNate,Au Memories,ProperMike,DirtRod,Hillbilly's,Blunt Love aka:The Dankies,Minion Preacher,Minotaur's Eye,Shotgun Hotel,SandTiger69,The White Rin0,CoolRush420,GTX Gamer...you got beef-see me bitches!!

Re: New Game Style c/o PlayShadowrun

a soggy fish
Minion, you forgot to say 'a soggy fish'

Re: New Game Style c/o PlayShadowrun

Lancelot
Wow Fishy, you are as gay in your pic as you are in SR.
Lancelot - I may not know much about pancakes, but I know a tosser when I see one!

Re: New Game Style c/o PlayShadowrun