New Xbox

RogueDB
Any thoughts on it?

As for me, I don't need to Skype on my Xbox, I have a Blu-Ray player, and I don't care about talking to it. Plus it's going to cost like $400 when it comes out. Not interesting me too much so far. Plus it's not backwards compatible! No Shadowrun! All dedicated servers for multiplayer, though, which is pretty cool.

Re: New Xbox

Unyobro
It's gonna suck bigger dicks than minionpreacher and yadoo combined. That's a lot of dicks.

Re: New Xbox

I was not surprised by the conference one bit, and I can't see how any xbox follower would've expected otherwise.  Microsoft is not viewing the Xbox just as a video game console anymore, I understood that from the latter part of the 360's life cycle.  Does that mean some "hardcore" gamers are gonna be turned off by "additional" features of xbox one?  Well yeah, of course.  Does this mean that xbox will be less of a gaming console.  Definitely not.  I personally think that Microsoft is trolling it's fans right now as backlash for all the criticism it's received even before it's reveal.

I guess I'm one of the few people that noticed the potential, and I am excited about being a day one purchaser.  So many of the features of Xbox One speak directly to me.  The ability to capture and edit gameplay possibly without ever stopping your game, receiving phone calls without the hassle of pulling my hand off of the controller which always results with my death, the ability to save any game any time,  and transitioning seamlessly from app to app to game with multiple tasks going at once sounds amazing to me.  I mean did anyone else not notice that there were no loading times, that's a huge leap in technology if you ask me depending on how far it reaches.  Also since I sold my PS3 a year ago, I haven't had a blue ray player.  Bottom line, these are features I can't do anywhere else this conveniently, and are only side features to what looks like a powerful gaming console that will still have the franchises I know and love.

I hate the backlash the Xbox One is getting because of the biased fanboyism from all sides of the gaming war including so called xbox "fanboys".  I also have some problems with some of the new ideas Xbox One is implementing but none are enough to deter me from Xbox One when it is released.

Re: New Xbox

Jande
The fact that it doesnt support 360 games AND you have to pay some amount money if you get a USED game and wanna play it. Thats a total turn-off for me as there is no way IN HELL I will ever pay full price (70€ = 90$ if im not wrong) on ANY game. Not to mention the controller just looks... crappy to me.

Re: New Xbox

Why would the next gen systems support backwards compatibility if the current gen systems don't even?  The first series of PS3's could play PS2 games, but that was years ago.  And the xbox 360 is only backwards compatible through updates.  There hasn't been an official announcement as to the price of the games, and from what information was available I could see the price jumping up to $70 but not 90.  And really?!  The controller has basically improved on what was considered the best controller in gaming history.  Most people's complaints were with the directional pad, and that was fixed.  But other than that there isn't much difference, I would almost guarantee that it feels the same in your hand as the 360 controller.

I agree that the whole used games(which hasn't been fully announced or explained) is somewhat of a letdown, but I'm sorry Jande, if you would never pay full price for any game on release date then you are a burden on the gaming industry as a whole.  It's because of people like you as to why companies like FASA go down, and that may seem harsh but it's true.  I mean you honestly wouldn't support the developer who makes the next Rainbow Six game because you want to save 10 dollars just to wait a couple of weeks for a used copy?  If so, then Rainbow Six 3 is ashamed of you.

Re: New Xbox

I've been waiting to see the new xbox before I decide which one to get and after what I've seen, I'm def. getting the xbox one. The fact that I won't be able to play SR on it though made me reconsider a bit since that was one of the main reasons I was going to get on xbox in the first place (I miss listening to the people I was playing with). But I guess I have no choice but to stick to SR on PC unless they make a patch of some sort to allow backwards compatibility, sorry for those who won't like that. You can blame Microsoft for it.

Re: New Xbox

Well the just released games here cost 70€ and thats about 90$,
The main reason I will never EVER again pay full price of game is because of how bad games are, take a look at  for example shadowrun, Rainbow Six vegas 1 & 2, Call of Dutys. Those games are not worth paying the full price. If they would make HD remake of Rainbow Six 3 on the Xone (xbox one), hell yeah I would consider paying the full price. But I most likely would wait 2-4 weeks so the price comes down.
The whole used game policy (or whatever you may call it) is a plain retard idea and should NOT go through.

FASA went down only because it was never advertised properly and it was released at the worst possible time.

Re: New Xbox

Well now, new game releases here cost only $60, and like I said there hasn't been an official announcement on next-gen game prices.

And you obviously fail to realize that Nintendo and Super Nintendo games used to cost $50 brand new.  And the scope of our games have changed so much compared to the mere fact of a 10 dollar price increase on them.  But to give credit the 360 and ps3 games where $70 brand new at the early cycle of the consoles.  But hey your value for your game price is narrowly figured by your opinion so no one is wrong here.  The used game policy has still not been explained.  From the most recent reports I've seen nothing but contradicting rumors is all that is available.

FASA went down because it couldn't sell enough copies of Shadowrun.  And that was partly because of consumers like you.  Their advertising wasn't bad seeing as how it is what got me to buy the game.  And it was released at a perfect time.  No other big budget release was even in sight for several months.  It had no competition starting out.  So other than maybe holding the release for another year(which probably would've helped on all fronts) it had no better time.

Re: New Xbox

Jande
I might be wrong but Shadowrun was released few days earlier than Halo 3 Beta? Which most people played.
About the advertising, I did not see ANY advertises of Shadowrun anywhere. Not in TV (well on TV you barely see any game advertised), not in interwebz, hell not even on the dashboard.

And yeah, you're right, there has not been official announcement on the prices, but knowing the prices in here, they WILL cost  atleast  +65€

Re: New Xbox

You are wrong, the Halo 3 beta was two weeks in with one week remaining when Shadowrun was released.  But you are correct that most people where playing it.  Like I said, I purchased Shadowrun from advertising alone.  Trailers and information was all over the dashboard and the net.  I've seen more successful titles come out since then with less advertising.

The bottom line is Fasa closed it's doors because Shadowrun flopped.  And it had many factors that lead up to that, with spoiled gamers who wanted to wait for a discounted game being one of them.