Petition: Anyone interested in a Shadowrun Tournament!

Petition: Anyone interested in a Shadowrun Tournament!

Bloody_eL
Please post if you are interested, not interested, don't care, etc.

Re: Petition: Anyone interested in a Shadowrun Tournament!

I support any kind of tournament and would be willing to play as YProphetY on xbox.  However I would not be able to tell other people they couldn't play on pc.  If it's an official PlayShadowrun.com tournament,  PC players would be allowed but with certain regulations.  But like I said, I support and defend any kind of tournament.

Re: Petition: Anyone interested in a Shadowrun Tournament!

Unyobro
I'm not interested in participating but I'm curious about what regulations PC players would be made to follow.

Re: Petition: Anyone interested in a Shadowrun Tournament!

DJ Da B3st
I'm not a big fan of tournaments either but if you end up needing more players then I'll participate.

And PC players would have to be spread somewhat evenly among the teams.

Re: Petition: Anyone interested in a Shadowrun Tournament!

Morphine
I'd be glad to play in one, Granted my team could find a troll.
Heavenly Subjugation of the Omnipresent God!

Re: Petition: Anyone interested in a Shadowrun Tournament!

Pretty much what Dj said.  PC players would be spread evenly to avoid entire teams of PC players.

Re: Petition: Anyone interested in a Shadowrun Tournament!

Hellz yeah. I could do PC or Xbox too, though my TV in a terrible gaming spot right now. I'd manage, though.

...you know I proposed this like 2 weeks ago...

Re: Petition: Anyone interested in a Shadowrun Tournament!

TruYadoo
Could it be 8v8s? Or 6v6s, at least?

Re: Petition: Anyone interested in a Shadowrun Tournament!

It'll be hard enough getting a 4vs4 going.

Re: Petition: Anyone interested in a Shadowrun Tournament!

Bloody_eL
I agree I'm for the 4v4's, get too many people it "feels" less competitive. For starters I think 4v4 would be fine. I would love to do some 6v6's on some of the bigger maps.

Speaking of maps [for 4v4], are there any objections here:

1)Lobby (Small) Attrition
2) Lobby Extraction
3)Nerve Center  (Small) Attrition
4)Nerve Center  Extraction
5) Pinnacle Attrition
6) Pinnacle Extraction
7) Power Station Attrition

Thats what been used for the past 4 years, and I don't think anything is wrong with this rotation. We've done some experiments with other maps replacing Power Station, but I don't know.

Thanks for the feedback!

Re: Petition: Anyone interested in a Shadowrun Tournament!

DJ Da B3st
Why would you want to replace power station which, in my opinion, is the best map in the game?

Re: Petition: Anyone interested in a Shadowrun Tournament!

TruYadoo
Not 8v8 of random unorganized matches, where everyone understands the basic concept of private builds and cash dispersing. 2 Trolls, 1 Dwarf, 3 Humans, 2 Elves. If organized right, it would be a blast!

Re: Petition: Anyone interested in a Shadowrun Tournament!

Would be nice if people would play other than those regular maps. Replace small maps with some other.

Re: Petition: Anyone interested in a Shadowrun Tournament!

Bloody_eL
Jande wrote
Would be nice if people would play other than those regular maps. Replace small maps with some other.
No way! Lobby and Nerve Center small are the best maps!

Re: Petition: Anyone interested in a Shadowrun Tournament!

Siris
I wanna play!

Re: Petition: Anyone interested in a Shadowrun Tournament!

I agree that nerve center is best map, but playing the same maps in privates are very very very boring.

Re: Petition: Anyone interested in a Shadowrun Tournament!

This is more about getting a tournament going than playing privates in general.  I do think that forming some privates would be a good start toward getting this ball rolling though.

Re: Petition: Anyone interested in a Shadowrun Tournament!

Rotating 3 maps never has seemed boring for me. You don't really notice it much because you're caught up in the moment.  It only gets boring when your opponents aren't a challenge.

Re: Petition: Anyone interested in a Shadowrun Tournament!

Unyobro
For me personally the lack of variety in maps is one of the reasons I hate the idea of playing private matches. The game has few enough maps as it is, why limit it more?

Re: Petition: Anyone interested in a Shadowrun Tournament!

PunkTerrorist
Id play. Lets go Dream Team!