Playshadowrun Amateur Tournament (New Maps Added!)
This post was updated on .
PlayShadowrun Tournament Rules
SPECIAL RULES: No More than 2 Pro Players be allowed to compete on the same team::
Registration Deadline is Saturday April 20th (Option to be push back)
Lobby (Small) Attrition
Nerve Center (Small) Attrition
Power Station Attrition
Nerve Center Extraction
Nerve Center Attrition
1. Only 1 Substitution allowed per team per round. The 2 teams will decide amongst themselves if the sub is similar in skill. If there is a dispute, the one of the referees will decide who is an acceptable sub.
2. No players may play on PC. If you want to do a check, then tell all players in the match to say something on their Mic. If they refuse to say anything on their mic then they will forfeit the match.
3. All players must use their registered gamertag. If a player has 2 accounts, then he must notify in the teams staff that the player has another gamertag.
4. The top seeded team (the team that is on top) will get to choose which he wants from this selection:
(If top seeded team is host, they will not choose what spawn they get)
5. The team that loses will pick which they want on the next map (Host or Spawn). This repeats until a team wins.
6. If there is only one acceptable host, that team will use host for all games and the opposing team will get to choose which spawn they want.
7. Karma is allowed. If the team hosting the room has Karma turned off, they will forfeit the game (not the match though) Lineage Spawn
8. Referees are Playshadowrun and Bloody El. We handle all conflicts that happen in the tournaments. Post a pm, XBL message, or in the chatbox.
9. Post a thread about scheduling. If 1 team commits to making the match, whereas the other team doesn't, the team reaching out to set a match date will advance via forfeit. If neither team makes an effort to get the match played, then there will be a double forfeit.
(Please make all scheduling happen in here, I can't monitor XBL Messages, Text Messages, E-mails, facebook messages, myspace messages, etc. Here we can all communicate together and get everything situated.)
If the host of the game lags out, then the game will be reset with the host team forfeiting the round that was played and forfeit the host for the map
No Name Gam3r
LX Reflex XL
IX Vertigo XI
Nice thread bloody, although I think the rules need looking at, pinpoint made a good point (geddit) - people need to know if they don't have a team they can register their interest here and form teams that way. But yeah if I'm not mistaken you copied the rules from somewhere, theres a few errors and the wording isn't all too clear..
Well to start things off, Pin do you have a team or anything? If not want to start one?
Play maybe setup a drop down button that says tournament, then tournament info could be all kept in that area and easier for people to see. As for signups for the tournament I believe it would help if people could enter what time, days they can play and race. Then you can pair people together that could play at the same times. Also, it would be helpful if everyone shoots out a message to their friends to coe to playshadowrun.com and signup for the Playshadowrun Amature Tournament and let them know they don't have to have a team. they will be put into one.
Okay, so I love the idea but Akuma (cows from the last tournament) and I had a hard time trying to figure out how this would be enforced...
I'd like to offer some prize money as incentive for new players to sign up. However, what's to stop people from making alternate tags? I think if there was some motivation to play, and noob players knew they were up against fair competition, they might be more likely to come out.
I know again I can put together a team, and Akuma can put together a team. I'm sure pinpoint will get a team together and there are plenty of F/As who weren't involved last time that might prefer this way.
I can't speak for all private players, but I am always willing to teach. The problem is more that people are not willing to learn. So many private players have taught new comers the basics just to watch them abandon the game after getting beat on a few times or completely ignoring the tips they were handed because they think they know what's best.
I'm sure we won't have many private players wanting to "coach" but I think we will have even less pub players who want to be coached. If we had 8 teams for this I would predict that 2-3 teams would have a private player and only 2-4 would actually want one.