Questions regarding rules for the Tourney

Questions regarding rules for the Tourney

Skeptical Deity
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Questions regarding rules for the Tourney

These are all being considered except #1.  It's a tournament, so saying no clearing or scoring is like saying you can't be a certain race or use certain tech/magic.  It would be nice to keep it as sportsmanshiplike as possible but within fairness to all players.  Which leads me to number 2, no, anyone can be whatever they like.
3.We're still ironing out the details on this, but it kinda relies on swift and his work schedule.  But all games will be recorded if possible.  But dedicated server and streaming is definately preferred.  Other than that it boils down to what individual teams in each match agree upon.  Which leads me to 4, only one team per player, and a player from another team can only be a sub if everyone on both teams agree with it.

Bloody El, feel free to correct me on any of this.
SJ

Re: Questions regarding rules for the Tourney

SJ
previous tournaments have
1. Attrition will be the main game type 2/3 of maps,  but extraction needs a lot more planning and coordination from a team to push together and not let anyone get cleared. If clearing puts you at an advantage go for it, if scoring the artifact wins you the round because the other team cannot get it first or defend well enough- go for it. There are no ban lists in these games so anything to get an advantage is a no brainer.
2. not had any class limits, and no locked races inbetween maps. Maybe a more agile race setup would work better on an open map compared to a small CQ map.
3. This has not been done as to get a seerver up requires a pc player to host(with a decent server), another to connect to it; so it was a bit of a hassle and can only be done on the large maps. It could and should be done now considering there are a few quite pc literate players.
4. I think this rule is explained already, but before it was one team only, subs can be used if they are not on a team, or if they are, with the consent of the opposing team and the referees.

I would like to add that it would be nice to get the complete stats for every game and put them into a spreadsheet and crunch some avergaes and whatnot out, but thats just me.

Re: Questions regarding rules for the Tourney

1) As much as some people don't like it, Extraction is a valid gametype. It is one that forces more teamwork and coordination. If you want to go independent contractor and do a crazy flank, that is your risk, but if you die out of position, then you will probably get cleared. It's a rule, and it makes the game much more fast pace. Ideally, you want to score the artifact, but it is so rare on Pinnacle and NC, so it probably wouldn't.

Either way, Extraction is a great gametype and it is defiantly valid for Tournament Play.

2) Race alignment is up to the team. 2 Human, Elf, Troll is what most teams will run. I've seen 2 elf, 2 troll, 1 of every race, 3 human 1 troll, 4 elf, 4 dwarf, 1Troll 1 dwarf 2 elf, 1 troll 2 human 1 dwarf. I've seen it all. Depends on your teammates and what they want to do.

3) I'm glad you are interested in this. I think I will try and get another PC account and host a dedicated server for tournament play. Me and PlayShadowrun might both do it, but it requires a lot of coordination, so I might do a Live Stream on it if I am available.

4) Subs are allowed, but you can only be on 1 team. Subs is constantly a gray area, so just be sure that you let the other team know that they will be using a sub.

All good questions! Anyone else have any other questions?

Re: Questions regarding rules for the Tourney

swiftmiester
i can put up a server also

Re: Questions regarding rules for the Tourney

reaxtion
extraction is the most team oriented gametype, so in a team based tournament it is more necessary than attrition in.

Re: Questions regarding rules for the Tourney

I hope you BURN
scrubbbb