REcording software

rageing david
hey guys, I  have been interested in making some montages of myself to post on youtube, I believe I have improved a metric butt ton over the last two months. I just don't know where to find a decent video recorder that doesn't cost money. any help would be appreciated.

Re: REcording software

a soggy fish
PC or Xbox? I don't see you being able to record on Xbox for free - you'd need to buy a cap card or something. Try looking at 'Dazzle' recording devices. If you're on PC i believe it's a lot easier, theres free software you can use to record, or you can stream direct using some websites (e.g twitch)

Re: REcording software

Sup David, on pc the best program depends on how beast your pc is.  My pc isn't all that great so I use Bandicam(it's free with a watermark but can be torrented) because it uses less resources and the file sizes are much smaller.  But if you have a top notch rig I'd use Fraps(also free with watermark) since it seems to be the best quality IMO.  That's just to capture video though.  Editing it, I would recommend Sony Vegas for more complex vids or Windows Movie Maker for simple editing.  I personally have been using Cyberlink Power Director lately, it's simple enough with lots of features.

Re: REcording software

david rages
I have a top of the line alienware, so performance is really, quite incredible. I am not familiar with how to "watermark" something or even what it means. I have never been in to the torrent seen, I havfe always had the impression that its filled with maleware and and junk. so a little more help would be nice

Re: REcording software

Well it's unethical for me to tell you to go to kickasstorrents.com and type in Fraps and dl it using the Vuse client.  It might even be illegal.  Whatever has the most seeders, leechers, and comments are usually okay, just use caution.  But you didn't hear any of that from me.

Re: REcording software

a soggy fish
An easy way to see if the file is legit or not is look at the comments and file size.. and activate your common sense powers..

Re: REcording software

I use MSI Afterburner. But dude... Alienware, you foreal? Overpriced shit :(

Re: REcording software

DJ Da B3st
Can you believe the OP has now turned into a full-on PC hater? How quickly things change.

Re: REcording software

Honestly Dj, I've seen lots of people play on pc, not do any better, and then make the claims that their pc can't handle it.  Then they go back to full on pc hating.  Not saying that's what David does, but it is odd how it all works out.

Re: REcording software

DJ Da B3st
Well he's the second one I've seen so far. And the first one, Crimsonland, started on PC. It's just sad to see is all.

Re: REcording software

I like using FRAPS. It's free but you can donate if you want to. Cool developers behind it.

Re: REcording software

Yeah, I don't know how you play on PC a bit and then become a PC hater. The whole thing is just really immature.

Re: REcording software

a soggy fish
An alternative to recording software is to balance your phone looking at the TV:-