Shadowrun Sunday (Pickup Sunday)

reaxtion
This post was updated on .
Welcome Guys!

From here on out i am going to start a new type of shadowrun sunday! The idea is to bring a little competitiveness to those that are willing.  There will be a different map each week. The following is going to be the layout:

Shadowrun Sunday  (Pickup Sunday)

This Sunday's featured map is : NERVE CENTER (Attrition, Big)

Type: 4v4 Single Elimination Max people per team is 4.

Registration times: 5:45p.m.-6:20p.m. Sunday

How to register your team:
1. Post in this thread with all 4 gamer tags within the registration times.
2. Contact me via Xbox Live through CHAT and make sure i verify all 4 Gamertags.
3. Coming soon Twitter.

Tournament Start Time: 6:30 p.m. Sunday

One great attribute to this is that you get to play with a different team every week, in fact it will be encouraged!  The idea is to get on around registration time, get a group of 4 people and sign yourselves up!  nothing more!

If you do not have a 4 person team and need to find people to play with you will then post in the playshadowrun.com chat or contact a Director to help you find people.

For those that need help getting 4 we recommend telling people about through the week and letting them to know what time to get on on Sunday!

-It is one map because a rotation can cause matches to last way to long.
-It will be like a king of the map!
-Maps will NOT always be MLG maps.
-If possible please avoid stacking your team as it is for fun!
-Since this is something that is just starting simplicity is the key! im looking forward to seeing who shows up to this!!

Since it will be kept very basic the bracket will be either 2 or 4 or 8 teams.  If you are the odd team out unfortunately you will not be able to play. Try getting another team to sign up.  Make sure you get your team together early and be ready to use your patience until the registration closes.

In the future some kind of seeding point or SR credit could be added as an incentive.  A type of leaderboard if you will!

Re: Shadowrun Sunday 2.0

reaxtion
Please post if this is something you are interested in! And if so spread the word!!! The more people the better!

Re: Shadowrun Sunday 2.0

omnipotive
I think this is a good idea and would love to participate this Sunday. However, I need a team so if anyone wants to pick me up, then let me know.
My gamertag = consistive

Re: Shadowrun Sunday (Pickup Sunday)

PINPOINTASSOCDOTCOM
Sounds similar to what I have been talking about.
ShadowrunClub.com

Re: Shadowrun Sunday (Pickup Sunday)

a soggy fish
Uhh did I accidentally take part in this yesterday? :P

If possible could you include whatever time zone you're in please

Re: Shadowrun Sunday (Pickup Sunday)

LowTierPlayer40
I'm definitely interested, but I have no team... if you need another person I'm always up to play competitively.
Gt LowTierPlayer40

Sorry just read the bolded part on instructions to find a team. Who might the directors be?

Re: Shadowrun Sunday (Pickup Sunday)

This was a old post LowTier, I don't think they hold this event anymore.  But I know Shadowrun Show still hosts some events every week, and Knifersniper is trying to get Major League Shadowrun off the ground.  I would definitely check those places out if you are interested in some competitive Shadowrun.

Re: Shadowrun Sunday (Pickup Sunday)

knifersniper
Thanks play,
MajorLS is on hold at the moment. However you and others can signup at MinorLS ( minorleagueshadowrun.enjin.com ) . We have an in-depth 6 week season which only takes max 12 hour game play. Respectable and legitiment team and individual leaderboards, free agency, coaching positions,NoS events,BoS events, Pub Star events,2vs2...MinorLs is for less skilled/competitive players. If cash competitions gain enough support then MajorLS will launch and MinorLS will remain. If plans to launch MajorLS is dropped then the plan would be for MinorLS to become MajorLS (domain name change). The site was built on the idea of simplicity, streamlined event operations, and a respectable leaderboard,while maintaining depth that entices league activity as well as overall activity of shadowrun such as sunday pub play and playshadowrun itself.

Thats the perfect world of it, lol

MinorLS officially launches Monday Oct. 14th however anyone is free to signup beforehand.

Re: Shadowrun Sunday (Pickup Sunday)

knifersniper
Its probably worth mentioning that if MajorLS launches one will not be able to participate in the season event until the have earned the required amount of shadowpoints at MinoLS to pay the Free Agency Fee.