Shadowrun, sadly, loses a regular player forever.

Shadowrun, sadly, loses a regular player forever.

For those who may not know, Shadowrun lost a member of the playing community this past weekend.  BURNOUTT perished this past Friday/Saturday, tragically.  The details surrounding his death are grim, and I just hope that he is playing Shadowrun somewhere in the afterlife.  Oddly enough, as of this time, his gamertag is still currently signed into Xbox Live with the status "away since 7/12" showing.  I understand not everyone will recognize that tag but if you have played pubs over the past years then chances are you have seen or even heard him in-game.  He had been playing for a long time, since the early years of Shadowrun.  He was a valuable, steady member of the community and will be missed greatly.

So the next time you are playing Shadowrun, keep him in mind as you enjoy what he obviously still loved.

R.I.P. BURNOUTT

Re: Shadowrun, sadly, loses a regular player forever.

Jande
How do you know this. This is madness

Re: Shadowrun, sadly, loses a regular player forever.

I was told by a credible source and friend of Burnout's, who has been on Mooky's friend list for years.  After researching for myself and given the circumstances I would say it's 100% accurate.  I agree that it is madness.

Re: Shadowrun, sadly, loses a regular player forever.

I heard about this from a friend of a friend but I also heard he killed his step dad or something like that, is that true? If so I'm not sure if we should be glossing over that and memorializing him.

Btw this isn't Burning Society or w/e his tag was?

Re: Shadowrun, sadly, loses a regular player forever.

The circumstances around his death may be questionable, but he is memorialized as a Shadowrun player that was consistent and still played regularly.  Whatever it was he did outside of Shadowrun, for whatever reasons, doesn't really play a factor in being missed in Shadowrun, other than the direct result of course.

No, Burnoutt has always been Burnoutt, while Burning Society's original tag was SC California.   Burning Society is still with us thankfully.

Re: Shadowrun, sadly, loses a regular player forever.

Unyobro
Well if you wanna ignore him potentially murdering someone that's your choice. I just figured I'd bring it up because I heard it was probably true.

Re: Shadowrun, sadly, loses a regular player forever.

I ignore what he "potentially done" because there isn't a way to understand the circumstances based on the info given by the media or witness testimony.  How he died is not important to me, just how he won't be seen in Shadowrun anymore.

Re: Shadowrun, sadly, loses a regular player forever.

Unyobro
Can you link to the story?

Re: Shadowrun, sadly, loses a regular player forever.

Hypno_11
Damn i was just thinking that i haven't seen him on in awhile :( such sad news... Ill be thinkin about him the next time i play. R.I.P BurnOutt