Teleport

LowTierPlayer40
Hello shadowrun community. My GT is LowTierPlayer40 and I have a question for yall.

I play dwarf glider without teleport and I was wondering if you guys think that a dwarf build without teleport is considered competitive. I like to b competitive when I play, but I really only play public matches.

So I guess my question is, would anyone be willing to play competively with a dwarf glider no teleport?  I am interested in playing in private matches and tournaments,  but I guess I juat feel like I don't belong.

What do you guys think?

Re: Teleport

NewlyDed
It would depend on who you're playing with. A lot of people don't like playing with dwarves in privates  because they're a pretty garbage race, people like to make the argument that they drain the enemy troll but sacrificing a rifler or rezzer for that usually isn't worth it. I personally love playing dwarf and if people do let you play dwarf in a private without getting all butthurt about it I would suggest running teleport purely because of the mobility it gives. I feel a dwarves strong point is when being aggressive and if you were to run a glider it would be harder for you to push with your team because of how slow you are. It would work though if your team changed their playstyle to mesh with your glider dwarf; almost anything can work if your team plays it right.

Re: Teleport

LowTierPlayer40
Right. I play rifle so I can stay back and do that. The glider is my mobility. It gives me the vertical presence needed to move around.but my build is actually pretty good against all races as it doesn't rely on teleport, and it relies on taking away that advantage from my enemies. Drain + amgs makes for a stag and fight or die runnint type of build. If you wanna play let me know. Im intereated to see. In public I usually end up in top three. Mostly due to resses and pure chaos of publics though.

Re: Teleport

I never use teleport as a dwarf.  I think it and gust are unbecoming of dwarves and their mentality.  I also wished the private community could find a viable option for the dwarf, but from what I've seen and heard it just doesn't work at a competitive level.  Even though I use them competitively in public matches all the time.

Re: Teleport

Bloody_eL
I think Dwarf requires more maintenance than other races. Like, when they have no essence, they are almost useless.

In my head, Team Builds should be something like this.

Dwarf: Most would agree I think
WR + Smoke + Teleport
maybe switch WR with Glider, but not both.

Troll: Same as before
WR + AMG + Teleport

Might argue for Glider or Gust Troll, but WR Troll sounds better

Human: Basically same as before.
Gust + Smoke + Teleport
WR + Smoke Teleport
EV + Gust + Teleport

Mostly the same style should be played

Elf: Drastically different
Strangle + Smoke + Teleport

I think Elf should actually transition to main rez at the mid-late game so Dwarf can focus on attacking. Elf should help Rifle with Human and use Strangle defensively and for dwarves.

My thoughts...

Re: Teleport

LowTierPlayer40
I like the builds you put there. Life in shadowrun is a lot easier for a dwarf if an elf has strangle.
Glider is important to give the telportless dwarf the vertical presence needed to get around. If you qould be interested in a dwarf teammate for privates, please let me know. I'm itching for more serious players to play with.
Public matches are great, but I'm tired of havimg ro help res my teammates first round after they have given their smg and shotgun that they bought to the enemy.

Re: Teleport

a soggy fish
I disagree with PlaySR - when I play Dwarf i almost always grab tele as my 2nd ability, I'm very aggressive as Dwarf (wired/shotgun) and with Dwarf's drain ability i can wired in then tele in, out and around them indefinitely (until i die) as you get essence back faster than you use it. They, in contrast are stuck with no tele and are usually spacking out trying to jog away from the teleporting AM generator with a shotgun.

IMO Dwarves have a place in competitive games as much as any other race, as long as there is teamwork present - you won't be able to play in the same way with a Dwarf on the team.

Re: Teleport

So you grab tele before tree and play aggressively?  Does that work good for you?

Re: Teleport

a soggy fish
Tree is pretty much always the last thing I buy with any race haha, explains why half the time i'm running round on a 1 bar spamming 'need backup'.. and it works more often than not, obvs there's too many variables in shadowrun but yeah, my best scores have been with dwarf/rez/tele/wired/gust/shotgun.

Re: Teleport

Bloody_eL
This is what I do in order most of the time:

Rez/Smoke
Smoke/Rez
Tree
WR