The End of PC Shadowrun

Attention!!!!!! I'm not sure how many of you know this, but Microsoft is shutting down the Games for Windows Live Marketplace next week. The client itself will still be operating normally, if you can even call it normally with voice chat being broken. While this doesn't mean anything to anyone who has doesn't play pc or plan to play pc, it is the only place you can digitally download the pc version of Shadowrun. So if you wanted it or planned on getting it in the future now would be the best time. I think it's currently $9.99. Now you can still probably find disc based copies on Amazon and Ebay, and hopefully the marketplace will be replaced with something better later with Shadowrun back available digitially. Who knows what the hell is going on over there these days? If this does not matter to you either way then sorry to bother you with the woes of Shadowrun.

Update........
Attention!!!! Good news for pc haters. On July 1st 2014, Games for Windows Live will be shutting down. This could very well mean the end of Shadowrun on pc since the client is required for the game to be played online. Hopefully they will strip it from GFWL and make it work across Steam. This would be great for everyone since it would separate the pc players and xbox players permanently. I have always agreed that PC is overpowered against xbox, but never once thought that pc players were undeserving of playing this awesome game. It does not look good, but I remain optimistic. So yes, if you hate pc players and don't mind losing a chunk of the community then rejoice, you finally got your wish. Soon you can continue to play one race as a shit host and continue to steamroll noobs under the guise of skill without having to cry about the big bad mean pc players.

Re: The End of PC Shadowrun

DJ Da B3st
This sucks big time but oh well...we all knew it was gonna happen sooner or later.

I think within the last month before Games for Windows Live is shut down, I'll go super try hard and see if I can set any record. And in the process, I'll make xbox players really miss us PC players when we're gone.

Re: The End of PC Shadowrun

Not good, but I'm being optimistic also. That would mean Halo 1 and 2 on PC would be going bye bye as well. Yeah, maybe something will be done with Steam, though it's already sometimes hard to find games with the number of people we have on both platforms.

Really hoping it stays up in one form or another.

Re: The End of PC Shadowrun

I don't think Halo 1 actually uses the GFWL client,  but it does mean the end for Halo 2 though.  The people who actually use the service are in the minority versus the whiners and complainers which is majority of the pc gaming community in general.  From what I understand people hate GFWL.

Re: The End of PC Shadowrun

omnipotive
thats really lame.. i was looking forward to a PC-only Shadowrun

Re: The End of PC Shadowrun

RogueDB
Hopefully it'll continue in one way or another. We can use the site to coordinate.

Re: The End of PC Shadowrun

u2scarred
Good thing they shut down that shizzlewazzle.

too lazy to sign in.

Re: The End of PC Shadowrun

POOPTROLL
it  will be cool when no one can play on pc because at least everyone will be on the same level.

Re: The End of PC Shadowrun

Bloody_eL
I disagree. Xbox 360 Shadowrun is like a tricycle. PC Shadowrun is like a motorcycle. You can only add a few things to enhance the Xbox 360 experience (like tassels on a tricycle), but PC you can do so much more and have a much better experience.

Re: The End of PC Shadowrun

That depends on who gets host at that point.  I know a lot of hosts that equal an unfair playing ground.  PC was a good counter for anyone with a shit connection.  I'll miss it, but at least the 360 version will still be there for a few years afterwards.

Re: The End of PC Shadowrun

Xbox 360 Shadowrun is like a race with everyone on a tricycle. PC Shadowrun is like a race between a tricycle, a motorbike, a push bike and a kid with one leg.