The artifact

Unyobro
Does anyone else miss when people used to score it? I do. I used to really enjoy trying to defend and score it. I takes some real skill to get by armed people with just a big glowing melee weapon. It also added more uses for stuff like gust, strangle, amgs, ect.

Now it seems like people hate it like they hate body clearing. As soon as someone scores it they're looked down on and if they do it again the raging starts. Why do people insist on watering down this awesome game?

Re: The artifact

omnipotive
Scoring the artifact is weak when there in nobody is defending the extraction point most of the time. It's annoying in the last round of an intense game.
It would be great when you're losing as it can help by giving you and your team a boost in money which might aid in a successful comeback.

Just like body clearing, this has its ups and downs too. There are times when it's appropriate and times when it's not. Anybody else agree?

Re: The artifact

Amen, Omni, I totally agree......oh yeah nice sig.

Re: The artifact

Unyobro
It's only seen as weak because no one is ready to defend the point anymore, they're too complacent. A couple years ago when someone picked up the artifact people would keep an eye on it or head back to the capture point. Now people just assume no one is gonna score it so the runner has a free ride.

If one team scores it twice in a game it's the other teams fault, 100%. It's not hard to defend and the levels are designed with CTF in mind.

I agree it's uncool to score in the last round but it's still legit. Either defend or lose.

Re: The artifact

PlayShadowrun wrote
Amen, Omni, I totally agree......oh yeah nice sig.
:-) Thanks!

A general response to Prophet+UnyoBro defending the game mechanics by how they see fit...Hear me out! Listen to my reasoning and hopefully you will come to fathom it.

One could say that just because certain game features are included doesn't mean they have to be followed.  All that matters is that everyone is satisfied.
However, that is a fallacy; an error in logic. Not everyone will ever be satisfied. People come to an agreement based upon majority. Do you ever have pity for those who suffer consequences simply because they don't agree? Do you know what it feels like to believe that you've been booted out unjustly for whatever reason?

Everything is subjective. There will never be peace because not everyone will ever come to an agreement. This doesn't just relate to Shadowrun.
Be aware that these only apart of my thoughts, share with me once more yours, but let them be in a relevant response to mine.

Re: The artifact

Unyobro
You can't please everyone, exactly. That's why I think we should all just play with what the devs gave us and not make up our own rules. Forcing house rules on public matches just causes drama.

Btw I don't appreciate the implication that we don't fathom your posts, maybe we just disagree or you're reasoning isn't sound?

Re: The artifact

omnipotive
That will never happen. Nobody will win the war. Things will remain the way because people always want it their way and will do anything to achieve their goals such as calling a vote.

I never said that you didn't fathom my posts. I was saying hopefully you could fathom that one paragraph containing my views.

Re: The artifact

Unyobro
Like I said I just didn't like the implication that we wouldn't understand it. I understand all the arguments about SR, if I don't I ask.

Re: The artifact

J289
OMG! Why dont you go defend the extraction point when the enemy team gets the Artifact?

The whole F***ing objective of extraction is this:

"Both teams attempt to secure the Artifact and transport it safely to their extraction zone" <----- straight from the manual.
youtube.com/jannefinland

Re: The artifact

TruYadoo
During the loading screen once a match starts, it not only states that both team can attempt to secure the Artifact but it also states "or kill all enemy players." Most people choose that path because they play shooters because they want to kill people and not run a silly "flag".

Re: The artifact

J289
Yes TruYadoo, i know that you can kill people in this mode too, but the main objective is to score the artifact.
youtube.com/jannefinland

Re: The artifact

TruYadoo
Just because it says that objective first doesn't mean it's the primary objective. Why play a shooter to just run around with a "flag" anyways?

Re: The artifact

Unyobro
The point is BOTH options should be ok since it's the objective. If you can't handle it set your preferences to only attrition or go play privates.

Re: The artifact

TruYadoo
Setting it to only Attrition isn't a fix, it's a partial solution.
Stop playing the game like a bot.
I guess you might actually see that as a compliment though.
Not realizing that I mean stop playing like a mindless programmed AI.

If you don't like being kicked out of matches because the majority doesn't want YOU ruining THEIR match with YOUR MADE UP RULE to play EXACTLY along with the guidelines of the game.
Shadowrun is a game where you have the ability to play against the game's will.
If the game recommended jumping off a bridge, would you jump?
Just because the game advises such uses of something, it doesn't mean that it's the only way.

"Live outside the box."
Instead of insisting others to live inside the box.

Re: The artifact

Unyobro wrote
Like I said I just didn't like the implication that we wouldn't understand it. I understand all the arguments about SR, if I don't I ask.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to offend anyone. I was merely hoping you would, but I should had of course known that you would have understood it anyways.
J289 wrote
OMG!
OMG! lol
J289 wrote
Why dont you go defend the extraction point when the enemy team gets the Artifact?
Why do you direct that at me? I'm not responsible for my whole team's actions.
J289 wrote
The whole F***ing objective of extraction is this:

"Both teams attempt to secure the Artifact and transport it safely to their extraction zone" <----- straight from the manual.
In that paraphrase, I didn't see it saying the opposing team had to defend the extraction zone.

Also, there is no need to get so flustered and take it all out on one person.

Re: The artifact

Unyobro
"Stop playing the game like a bot."
I will if you stop playing like a coward, deal with the clearing in game don't vote people out or TK them. Sound fair? For the record I already don't clear people, ask prophet and the people we play with.

Re: The artifact

TruYadoo
How is disliking Body Clearing making me a coward? I think you're confusing "Not Body Clearing" with "Body Clearing" as Body Clearers are the cowards too afraid to leave a body alone.

If no one Body Clearers in a match, I have no need to TK or call a vote on anyone for such things.
Besides dedicated TKers like Minion Preacher and Public match Glitchers.

I'd rather have a coward who runs the Artifact than a coward who Body Clears because Body Clearing is by far worse and it spreads like wildfire while Scoring doesn't.

I can make a deal that as long as no one, Body Clearers, TKs, glitches or score the Artifact multiple times or on the final round; that I will not TK or call a vote on ANYONE. And I would actually be a valuable asset on any team as a Player and a Team Player.
Ask anyone who plays with me.

(Sure, I can and most likely will be a dick if someone throws off the balance of the game by doing any of those mentioned above.)
Besides then, I really am a very favorable player and teammate.

So we got a deal?

Re: The artifact

Unyobro
Nope you're totally not getting my deal so how can you even accept it. I'm asking if you'd be willing to man up and deal with clearing in game without being a baby about it. As your post shows you're unwilling to even consider it so no deal.

Btw I like your "if no one does it I won't flip out" line. More of the "do whatever you want as long as I approve of it" mentality. Amusing.

Either way this topic is about the artifact. Discuss that or move on.

Re: The artifact

TruYadoo
I wasn't the person who got it slightly off topic.
Also, I never said that I accepted your deal, I merely tried offering you a deal of my own.

I will never deal with Body Clearing because it is unjust and never should have been added to this game. It is unnecessary and extremely disrespectful.

I love how in the other thread, you show more of the "I am always right and everyone else is wrong just because I say so" mentality.
Not amusing. There is a limit to believing that you're right. That limit is passed once someone calls anyone else's statement as being wrong because you just don't want to believe that they're right.

Remember, I've seen it all before. My ex-friend, remember me talking about him? He always did the exact same thing. He would always declare a statement that conflicted with his own as being wrong no matter the topic; and if there was absolutely no way anyone could believe that the other statement could be wrong, he would try to use it to his own advantage in an attempt to keep himself from looking bad. He would "share" ideas, steal ideas, slightly modify ideas from other people. He also always tried claiming that he always knew best for our community.

You refuse to admit that you are wrong.

Re: The artifact

Unyobro
Boring, more of the same yadoo crap. Start talking about the artifact or post in one of the many other topics. It doesn't matter where the off topic break happened I'm telling you right now that I'm done contributing to it and you should be too.