Things You Would Want For Shadowrun 2

omnipotive
o dedicated servers
o only allowed to clear if your team is losing or maybe tied
o notified when a spot is open in a full match
o custom match settings - like restrictions on certain buys
o more maps & gametypes

Re: Things You Would Want For Shadowrun 2

Why most of those are a given, I would like to go farther in depth.  Such as the permissions behind clearing.  I think there should be some type of ownership in place when someone gets a kill.  Nobody but the person that gets the kill can clear the body.  They decide whether or not that person gets to come back.  Then, if they allow them to get rezzed, the rezee incurs negative points on the person that killed him first for every point the rezee gets.  In other words if you don't clear and that person gets rezzed and kills someone friendly fire is put onto your score.  Of course these are all options than can be changed within custom match settings or picked individually in the multiple playlists that my Shadowrun 2 would have.

Re: Things You Would Want For Shadowrun 2

Unyobro
When you make a situation where there's two bodies on the ground but you can only interact with one because of some honor rule restriction it limits your options and strategy. Say the body you can't interact with is a very dangerous player. The guy who downed him got downed before he could clear him. Now you can't cleanly eliminate that threat because the game is blocking you. You have less options and it forces you into certain playstyle. That doesn't sound like progress to me at all.

I'd like to see more team focused modes. It'd also be cool if they added in that whole part about hacking the matrix to manipulate doors and shit. More strategy less pew pew.

Re: Things You Would Want For Shadowrun 2

It wouldn't be an honor rule restriction, it would be a fundamental element of the game.  And the problem you mention would easily be circumvented by the body becoming "unowned" and available for clearing if the person that killed them dies.  It actually opens up new strategic elements such as taking the chance on clearing a body that you aren't sure is owned or not.  You have more options and are less likely to be forced into a certain play style which leads to less bickering within the community about an optional element that shouldn't be forced on a player on either end of the spectrum.

I also would like to see controllable minions that are optionally placed on auto if wanted.  The player could hide and cast the spell if they chose to control the minion themselves or just place it out in the open on auto minion, which would receive an AI boost, as would all bots.

Re: Things You Would Want For Shadowrun 2

DJ Da B3st
Improved AI. I'm tired of being rezzed by bots who have no knowledge of survival lol. That and bots who take the artifact and then stand in place without moving... making us watch them for the rest of the round.

I want to say better voting mechanism but the way it is now is pretty fair (majority rules). Maybe add a reason for voting so people who are voting know why the vote was called.

Re: Things You Would Want For Shadowrun 2

Jande
Hmm. My list:
- Option to disable bodyclear in all gamemodes.
- More maps.
- Maybe more guns.  Like more Assault rifles with more dmg but less accucary and vice versa.
- More game types. Like for example, game mode where you cant buy any magic or tech.
- Like DJ said, improved AI.
- Leaderboards definitely.

Re: Things You Would Want For Shadowrun 2

Ahh leaderboards.  I think Shadowrun would have went much farther with leaderboards.

Re: Things You Would Want For Shadowrun 2

Unyo
Or it would've attracted an even worse group of elites who can't play for fun.

Re: Things You Would Want For Shadowrun 2

More maps!
More people playing so finding a game would be easier...

Re: Things You Would Want For Shadowrun 2

Matriculation
When this game first started, they had the difficulty level of all the bets randomly chosen between "Trainee" and "Insane," (5 levels total), at it was awesome. After they patched it so that they only operate on Trainee, it's essentially worse to have a bot on your team than one less player, because they're free money for the other team.

Re: Things You Would Want For Shadowrun 2

Unyo wrote
Or it would've attracted an even worse group of elites who can't play for fun.
player matches and ranked matches?

Re: Things You Would Want For Shadowrun 2

I've always wondered why the bots have to suck. It would be fun if Donut or Unitard was kicking everyone's ass.

Re: Things You Would Want For Shadowrun 2

The Fish
I once saw a TK Thumper get a triple kill...

Re: Things You Would Want For Shadowrun 2

RogueDB
Nice. I love when bots take out someone with the last shot.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 6:24 AM, The Fish [via PlayShadowrun.com Forums] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I once saw a TK Thumper get a triple kill...

http://playshadowrun-com-forums.1045820.n5.nabble.com/Things-You-Would-Want-For-Shadowrun-2-tp5708020p5708069.html
To unsubscribe from Things You Would Want For Shadowrun 2, click here.
NAML

Re: Things You Would Want For Shadowrun 2

a soggy fish
I got last shotted by Tensile yesterday. Love was not my primary emotion at the time..