Tribes: Ascend free to play and a free beta

Tribes: Ascend free to play and a free beta

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribes:_Ascend

All you have to do to join the free beta is like their page on facebook. The game is pretty fun so far imo. It's got a lot of speed and you can jetpack around, more mobility than just a glider. I haven't played it a lot yet but it's fun. My name on the beta is DudebroIsMyName if you wanna add me.

Re: Tribes: Ascend free to play and a free beta

Looks a little interesting, I'd check it out if my plate weren't so full.

Re: Tribes: Ascend free to play and a free beta

Unyobro
I know the feeling I barely get around to playing SR. If you feel like it though it's pretty fun and different.

Re: Tribes: Ascend free to play and a free beta

It reminds me of Halo a lot.

Re: Tribes: Ascend free to play and a free beta

Unyobro
Besides the whole thing about flying through the air and gliding along the ground at high speeds though right?
SJ

Re: Tribes: Ascend free to play and a free beta

SJ
I've been playing this beta for a while on and off to see what changes they made, its really polished now unlike november time. I'm really pleased they took out some of the hitscan weapons as they made it too easy, and also the changes they made to the classes . Also I heard it would be released as a free to play shooter. its probably the next truly skill based competitive shooter on the pc.
SJ

Re: Tribes: Ascend free to play and a free beta

SJ
and its nothing like halo, more like counter strike played at 5 times the speed.

Re: Tribes: Ascend free to play and a free beta

Looks pretty fun. Is this beta for xbox or pc? It kind of reminds me of Unreal Tournament, with the pace of it.

Lots of games trying to blend mmorpg and fps's coming out soon. Wonder if any of those will be good.
SJ

Re: Tribes: Ascend free to play and a free beta

SJ
RogueDB wrote

PC only so far. Its quite a lot like UT with the mechanic of guaging where enemies are going to land/run/fall into your shots. I find that the faster you are travelling the faster your shots come out so you have a better chance of hitting them if you aim at them, but its always fun to lead a shot.

Re: Tribes: Ascend free to play and a free beta

Unyobro
It's a cool game but I couldn't get into it like SR so I uninstalled it. Since it's gonna be free it's certainly worth checking out though.
SJ

Re: Tribes: Ascend free to play and a free beta

SJ
if anyone doesnt have facebook, i may have a spare key