Words from the creator of Shadowrun 2007 XBOX/PC Game

Words from the creator of Shadowrun 2007 XBOX/PC Game

PINPOINTASSOCDOTCOM
Mitch HBS (Administrator)
from Shadowrun.com Forums

June 12, 2012 23:09
If memory serves, that slot was for something called "Grapple". It was a cross between Spiderman's web-shooter and Batman's grapple gun.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. The team worked their asses off on that game.

First, thanks to everyone for the kind words about the FPS Shadowrun. My team was incredibly dedicated, hard-working and loved the game we made. It was a true honor to work with them.

I would love to make a map editor but that game and it's code are owned by Microsoft and I left them so I could be more independent and do things like co-found Harebrained Schemes with Jordan. There is no way that a map editor can be made at this point.

Shadowrun is available on Xbox LIVE for a $15 download!

RC just alerted me that this thread was still going on. Thanks a bunch for the positive comments! I'm so happy to hear that people are still playing the game 5 years after FASA Studio closed. This is why we make games in the first place--we're entertainers.

To another question--no there was never an "editor". Shadowrun was a VERY complex game to make and a simple editor never existed. There was a single-player campaign designed once upon a time and we had one big mission created to prove the concept. It was really fun. The story was a work-in-progress that I was never happy with but like the MP game, the gameplay was there.

The core of 343's engineering team is FASA Studio's Shadowrun team.

Body clearing was a very conscious design decision and the development team regularly cleared bodies during our twice-daily play sessions.

Mitch
ShadowrunClub.com

Re: Words from the creator of Shadowrun 2007 XBOX/PC Game

RogueDB
I would love to play what little bit of campaign they had. I'm sure it's on some hard drive somewhere! Arg.

Re: Words from the creator of Shadowrun 2007 XBOX/PC Game

MinionPreacher
'shadowrun forum'