Xbox Vs PC

1234 ... 8

Xbox Vs PC

I've played Shadowrun since the day it was released on xbox 360.  Almost four years later I finally get a computer upgrade that was surprisingly cheap and have started playing on PC.  A month prior to this I had purchased a vhs to dvd cord to record my xbox 360 gameplay.  The usb device had only standard definition cables and had a major compatibility problem with my main pc.  The only way I can use the device is to hook it up to my laptop and then transfer the video files to my main pc for editing and publishing.  This turned out to be a huge consumption of time due to my laptop being slow and my editing software suddenly not wanting to read the files from that particular device.  So after I got the computer upgrade, discovered fraps, and created a pc only gamertag to advertise the site, I figured out that it took half the time to do my work and had double the video quality most of the time.  Unfortunately I have recieved alot of criticism for this because if I do good on pc it's naturally believed that it's only because I'm on pc.  If I do good on xbox 360 I guess I'm just lucky.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

The video above is me on pc, the video below is me on xbox 360.  After playing on both platforms extensively and after changing every possible setting on my pc I can't figure out why people believe pc players have an unfair advantage.  That would be like me thinking someone with ev or smartlink has an unfair advantage.  I, myself, am a hit or miss kind of player.  On xbox or pc, I have a tendency to do awesome in one game and totally suck in others.  I have also played against many pc players who are terrible.  With their unfair advantage how is that possible?  How come every pc player isn't untouchable?  How come I'm not untouchable?  My conclusion is it's all a matter of circumstance.  For someone to say that pc players are only good because they are on pc is the same thing as saying people are good only because they use smartlink or ev.  How can you condone one and not the other?  Why can you play respectfully with a smartlinker and not a pc player?  I find this to be very contradictive.  They were all created evenly by the developer, the only thing stating otherwise is all a matter of opinion which everyone is entitled to have.  I say experience it for yourself and see how much better you get and how consistent it is.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

swiftmiester
I would agree with this assesment good players are good players... i play on xbox and pc more recently. i have shitty games and excellent ones just like on the xbox....it really has to do more with connectivity then anything in my honest opinion

Re: Xbox Vs PC

Lokoman254
The problem with that is. The Developers of shadowrun didn't have enough time to finish the PC version of the game completely as it comes shown with obvious examples as such, can't you ever notice on a pc server that people can't gust nades or when vista players move around they are not as smooth as xbox players giving them the sense that they are laggy. Which all comes down to the point where it might actually matter 1v1 situation stuff like that. But the biggest problem with pc is the fps (frames per second) with each individual computer. If you have a amazing high tech computer (alienware or such) your going to run the game as smooth as ever 240 frames per second while the average t.v for xbox is about 30 fps. it just all comes down to what computer you have and when you're settings are on shadowrun. I am a pretty beast player on xbox. but with the advantages the computer might have I will be a better player. It just comes down to this. this game wasn't ment to be cross platform. because the console is just to high tech compared to the xbox. but pc wont make a really bad player a amazing player. it it will just make then a little better.
This isn't a hate rant btw it's just my opinion,

p.s im getting a pc copy of shadowrun in about a month it'll be fun. ^_^

Re: Xbox Vs PC

Never having heard about not being able to gust grenades on a pc server, I went to ICptnJackSparrows dedicated server and invited myself(YProphetY) to test this out.  I, while on xbox, was able to gust grenade just fine with just as much accuracy as I would have on an xbox server.  I didn't notice myself(PlayShadowrun) being laggy when I moved around either.  I haven't even notice that in the four years of playing on xbox against pc players.

I am anxious to see how your pc skills pan out.  Theoretically you will be a super beast, and that will be fun to watch.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

loko
when I was playing on tekkamans server I couldnt gust nades. it happens sometimes i guess

Re: Xbox Vs PC

That don't surprise me, I always said Tekkaman is on a government connection.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

loko
it want only his server to. Blurzz , braheem all the vista players i played with I couldnt gust nades

Re: Xbox Vs PC

I'm gonna try this with me as the server on pc, it's possible it has to do with if they were on vista or windows 7(which is my OS).  I don't know what Jack's server was on.  Nothing surprises me in the randomness of Shadowrun's physics anymore.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

roguedb
Will Shadowrun work using Windows 7? Does using Vista work better?

Still debating about getting a PC, largely for this game (I'm a Mac guy).

Re: Xbox Vs PC

yes, it runs on windows 7, some say even better than vista

Re: Xbox Vs PC

roguedb
Awesome. One less thing to worry about. Anyone know if Ibuypower gaming computers are any good?

Re: Xbox Vs PC

DJ Da B3st
Well here's my 2 cents on this topic. I do think there's an advantage to playing on a pc but I don't think it's as big as people make it out to be. If that was the case, any decent player who get on a pc would dominate all xbox players and we all know that's not the case.
What I get tired of hearing is people saying they'll crush me if I get on an xbox. Really? I mean you might win but what makes you think I'll all of a sudden become a novice player. I remember playing 2 games on an xbox about a year ago and registered 20 kills and less than 10 deaths in each and that was with me still adjusting to the less than decent graphics.

So yes pc has an advantage, but so does ev, smartlink, and being the host server. Honestly, I kinda wish no one had an advantage in this game but that's not gonna happen so why can we all just get over the hate and play the game we all love to play.

Btw can someone really get 240 fps on their machine? I only get about 60 on mine and that's on good days lol. I REALLY need to upgrade.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

very well said dj noone can argue the advantage of playing a better looking game, I can get up to about 80fps on a good day but if I record it fluxes between 30 and 45 fps, I've never got more than 100fps in-game(which is rare and lasts only a moment)

Re: Xbox Vs PC

swiftmiester
i get around 230ish on nerve center and close to 160 on big maps like temple grounds:) maxes out 16x AA 1792x992

And like you said it all comes down to the player and the way he/she plays

Re: Xbox Vs PC

swiftmiester
come to the final conclusion of around 15% more kills and 20%ish less deaths per game nothing super substantial tho

Re: Xbox Vs PC

now there are two swiftmiesters

Re: Xbox Vs PC

HebrewHammer
I also get well over 200 fps, fraps doesn't really make a difference when you have 12 gbs of ram, 2 wd blacks in raid 0 and a core i7 at 4ghz. I sometimes play with the xbox controller and can still say theres a clear difference between pc and 360. Running the game at 1920*1200 you just see so much more than the 360 ever could.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

You're pushing all that weight with your pc, but you still use smg/ev religously and clear every body you see?  I get pc hate mail regularly and defend pc players for the most part, but players like you make it very hard for me to make a case especially when you recognize your advantage and try to exploit it.  Why not experiment with a different weapon and tech some time.  Also, hopefully you realize that if you don't clear bodies then you get to kill those player all over again if they get rezzed.  I understand using these things for tactical reasons, but that's not what it is when you're leading 5 to 1 and still clearing everybody.  If noone else is clearing then why be the first one to start?

Re: Xbox Vs PC

HebrewHammer
I use smg/ev with human because it's the best combo I've come up with. When I play the dwarve I use a different combo that I think I do even better with. I get shit all the time from crying 360 players saying how much better the 360 is. Why should I have to dum down my play because people are stuck on a console that was released 6 years ago. Why don't I turn the resolution all the way down and start using a controller too.
1234 ... 8