Xbox Vs PC

12345 ... 8

Re: Xbox Vs PC

That's what I do, my resolution is low, and I use a controller.  I play as all races with random builds, I don't use ev/smartlink, rarely buy smg(but occasionally will pick it up to keep it from opponents), and never clear bodies unless I'm really irritated(about getting cleared religiously mostly).  Changeing your tactics isn't dumbing down anything, but actually expands your gameplay into something a little more respectful than just spamming smg every game.  You talk about being superior to xbox players, while not doing as well as they are in-game even with your (what most of the SR community would call) cheap tactics.  Xbox players defeat you constantly without any pc advantage(and most of them without smg/ev/bodyclearing) but you still talk about how they can't handle you when they do better than you.  I'm just saying maybe its time to change up your gameplay to keep yourself from getting kicked out of so many matches.  I personally believe everyone should play however they want.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

HebrewHammer
I die because I'm a complete noob at this game. Turning your graphics down and playing with a controller is retarded IMO. PC gamers understand that others out there may or may not play with better equipment. We don't complain about it to each other. Look at any pc game, we don't bitch and moan every time we get killed by someone "because they have a better setup." I get this all the time from dum xbox players though. Game would have been better off pc only tbh. And lets be honest here for a second, your resolution isn't low by choice, your shitty 8800 from 2006 can't handle much more than an xbox and looking at your youtube video, can't handle any anti-analyzing at all.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

I wanna say my anti-analyzing is turned off, but you're right my pc will barely push SR.  If I'm recording with fraps I'm lucky to keep it at 30fps, then when it drops lower than that, I can't even move properly which puts me at the disadvantage.  You're also right about pc players not sending other pc players about better setups when in a way it's the same thing as xbox players complaining.  But everyone will complain about body clearing when it is unnecessary.  If you're better than xbox players, then why don't you want them to get rezzed so you can kill them again?

Re: Xbox Vs PC

RogueDB
I think it's fine if someone chooses to use EV, though I personally find it pretty annoying. I hardly ever use it, but if someone else is and I'm a human or dwarf,  I'll switch to an elf the next game and equip it in order to know who is using it...I try not to activate it...just let them and then it shows me who/where they are. It's just a strategy. That's what's so great about this game...you constantly have to evolve your strategy based on what others are doing. Also, I'm sick of people bitching about SMG's. If they were so easy to use then you'd all have 25-30 kills with the SMG every time, but that's never the case. It's part of the game. If someone has an SMG gust them back and take them out with a pistol or rifle. An SMG never wins against a shotgun either. I also turn down my settings and use a controller. I don't need it to be pretty, I just need people to be where they are on my screen where I see them... leading your shots is annoying.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

Rogue I'm sure you are tired of people complaining about smg.  I imagine you get hate mail for pc smg all the time.  Even I will pick up an smg after I kill someone with one, but I almost always throw it down at the beginning of the next round.  I will even buy one every once in awhile if my team isn't helping or if I'm getting smg whored every round of every game.  But for someone to buy smg almost every round and if 75% of your kills are from smg it's time to develop your skills with another weapon.  And yes, when I use smg like you do I easily can go 20-0.  That's why I don't use it religiously like a lot of xbox turned pc players do.   It's also just plain shameful when you smg whore someone and then teabag/clear as if you had done something special.  When you're on their friends list makes it even worse.  EV is the same way, occasionally for a tactical advantage I understand, but first/second round of every game.  Skill doesn't play a large factor concerning these tactics, you're not expanding your gameplay if you stick to one build/race.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

roguedb
I really only use the SMG as an elf, which I've stopped doing lately. It's really only one or two people who have complained about my use of the SMG. I rarely use it as a human or dwarf. Also, I only clear when other people are already clearing...usually after I've been cleared a couple times and some jerky has really pissed me off. Sorry if I T-bagged you, Playshadowrun! It was all in good fun! You said yourself that an SMG and a rifle are an even fight. But, yeah , I agree that if other weapons are available it's better to use them. Most of the time these days I use a shotgun, pistol, rifle, and/or katana.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

T-bagging is ok fun, but clearing me isn't, coming from "friends" I take it personal.  You aren't the only pc "friend" who has smg'd me in the back and then t-bag/cleared me.  But even if other people are clearing you, you know that I am not one of them.  It's not really my complaint though.  I can handle plenty of smgs, but some xbox players are right to be annoyed by  pc folk smg whoring and clearing unnecessarily.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

RogueDB
Yeah, I agree. I don't think I've ever seen you clear, so you probably didn't deserve it if I did. My apologies. I usually only do it to people who are clearing a lot already and I never start it. I think EV annoys me more than anything, though. Radar in any game sucks, in my opinion. Never played with it on xbconnect in Halo CE and always played hardcore mode in any other game.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

HebrewHammer
I only teabag to get the teabagger achivement. I've been teabagging every kill I got for like the last month and still nothing. It's like no one with the achivement plays any more. How are all these people sending you hate mail playshadowrun? Do you have your email address in your profile or something? I have no idea what your email is and I play with you all the time. There are some loser creepy ass fucks on xbox huh.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

Hello. I saw this post and just thought I'd bring it up considering a recent argument.
PlayShadowrun wrote
T-bagging is ok fun, but clearing me isn't, coming from "friends" I take it personal.
This is exactly where I was coming from and even though you aren't on my friends list with my Yadoo, you still technically are on Sinful's friends list, i.e. being on my friends list. I don't want to start anything, I just simply wanted to bring it up to your attention about what exactly you just said.

You were getting mad at me for getting mad at you for you clearing me.  ...And for clearing in general.

And hello again, not bad of a website you made here.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

TruYadoo
Oh and I do really like that montage that you made of me.
Youtube.com/Sinful_Hollowz

Re: Xbox Vs PC

I have no idea what you are talking about.  The last conversation we had was about you getting mad about me chasing you down several times and killing you.  Not one time was body clearing even mentioned(I have the messages to prove it).  I honestly don't think I've ever cleared you before, as a matter of fact I remember specifically teamkilling someone else who was clearing you in one game.  You remember, you sent a thank you message afterwards.  You obviously had the body clearing conversation with someone else.  The only person I have cleared in a long time is HebrewHammer, but Flaming Drongo will sometimes get cleared as well.  They both buy smg every round of every game and clear everybody they see.  You aren't like that so I have no reason to clear you.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

The hate mail is just random live messages, not through my email(which is publically known as playshadowrun@playshadowrun.com).

Re: Xbox Vs PC

TruYadoo
We did talk about you chasing me but we also talked about clearing.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

HebrewHammer
I only clear when I'm playing in a game with someone that has ever cleared me. I have a list of everyone that has ever cleared me and I keep an eye out for them.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

TruYadoo
Back in 2007-2009, I kept a "SR Blackbook" that I used to write all the names of people who cleared me.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

Haha. That would be kind of insane to keep that list. I've pretty much just started only clearing people who have a lot in a game. 1 or 2 can be an accident with grenades/etc.  Someone had 7 tonight so after I made sure to take care of him.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

TruYadoo
Well, you can always check to see if they were accidental or not but going to the scoreboard page that has everyone's Body Clears and just click 'X' (Xbox 360). A full Body Clear is equal to 50 points.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

roguedb
Cool. Didn't realize that. I'll be sure to check that out between rounds.

Totally off topic: if anyone is interested in getting some classic ctf games going in Halo Anniversary on the original maps let me know. No radar/etc. It just doesn't come up enough for me in matchmaking.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

TruYadoo
I pre-ordered Halo CE Anniversary but I canceled it about a month ago. I'm just going to rent it.
12345 ... 8