Xbox Vs PC

123456 ... 8

Re: Xbox Vs PC

swiftmiester
hebrew you have cleared me before i i havent cleared a body in a good year or so at least lol

Re: Xbox Vs PC

swiftmiester
have you played the game on xbox heberew?

Re: Xbox Vs PC

HL2HebrewHammer
I got it so a friend could play on a tv next to me but never really use it. Looks and feels like shit IMO.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

I Jande I
I have never ever cleared you Hebrew, untill one day you joined my game and started clear everybody you possibly could.
From that day on, I have never ever hated someone so much (okay ShotgunHotel too). Not to mention, you use SMG/EV/Smartlink 90% of the time. If you would stop atleast clearing, I wouldnt have to vote to kick you all the time.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

What's really bad is the fact that you(Hebrew) are always trashtalking when I'm the only one who can hear you.  Someone calls a vote on you, I hear you say "Yeah you can't handle my pc skills," when it's really because you won't quit clearing bodies.  You can be the worse person on your team, but after your team wins you say stuff like "RNA(or opposing team) can't handle us."  If I used a mic on pc I would prolly have to tell you to shut the hell up on a regular basis, but prolly wouldn't cause I'm nicer than that.  For the record, I definately never cleared you until you cleared me about 100 times.  You even sent me a friend request while you were clearing relentlessly.  I accepted, thinking maybe you didn't play like that all the time, boy was I wrong.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

HL2HebrewHammer
I'm on your friend list under another alias actually. You can't always tell whose body is whose cause it doesn't show the name after you die so sometimes I have to be consistant you know.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

Morphine
Back on topic of Xbox Vs. PC, I used to be extremely Biased on this, and to be honest I still am, But each has its own advantages. PC has more FPS, Almost no recoil with the rifle when played with a 360 controller, and more control over aiming, while Xbox has..... Well, nothing but teamwork advantages, Since PC players can no longer speak to Xbox players. The only thing that truly makes me upset is that the more fps/recoil advantages when played with a 360 controller on PC makes for harder rifle fights for myself on Xbox, and unfair advantages will generate some rage on my end. Plus, I don't have the money to get a PC version because my computer wont run Shadowrun. :(
Heavenly Subjugation of the Omnipresent God!

Re: Xbox Vs PC

The only time the rifle has less bloom is when v-sync is disabled.  It has nothing to do with the controller.  Also xbox has auto-aim, which does not transfer with the controller since it's built into the xbox game itself.  Most pc players who know what they are talking about will tell you the controller is more balanced than the m/k when it comes to xbox vs pc.  I play on both and know exactly the advantages, I don't base my opinion on heresay, I base it on experience.  You are right though less bloom on a rifle is an advantage, my xbox rifle has nothing on my pc rifle and thats a fact.  As far as being shot around corners, through walls, and so forth, it happens to me all the time, it did when I played on xbox and it still does now, when there isn't even a pc player in the room.  That all has to do with connection.  To sum it up perfectly, playing on pc is like having host advantage every game but that's about as far as it goes.

If you ever did play on pc, you would see why people prefer it.  It runs better, looks better, feels faster, almost like an update that we never got for xbox.  To me it's the closet thing I will ever get to a sequel to the xbox game I fell in love with.  I don't see why anyone would play on pc just to have an advantage, not saying they don't, but if they did it would be no different than using smartlink or ev to give yourself the advantage.  This is in general by the way and is no way or fashion aimed at anyone in particular.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

Unyobro
I just wanna say that the supposed auto aim on 360 is a joke. It's so slight and useless it might as well not even be there.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

TruYadoo
I don't know yet. I still need to get a Graphics Card (& bigger Power Supply) so I can actually play without lagging extremely but as far as playing against PC players, they do get a little bit of an edge over Xbox players but it's such an insignificant advantage, it can easily be overcome. Xbox does have its "Built-In Aim Assist" but as Unyo said, it's such a minor assistance that it doesn't make much of an impact.

With a great PC, they do have the FPS advantage but most people who have a PC that's powerful enough to run SR while maintaining a high fps; are playing other high end PC games instead. And if they do play SR, they record their gameplay which slows them down to be about equal with a Xbox.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

DJ Da B3st
Btw how many fps does the 360 have when playing shadowrun on it?

Re: Xbox Vs PC

TruYadoo
30.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

DJ Da B3st wrote
Btw how many fps does the 360 have when playing shadowrun on it?
Somewhere between 27-30, don't remember exactly.....

Re: Xbox Vs PC

MC Tickle420
Often auto aim is a disadvantage. I have missed out on a kill many times when an opponents teammate runs between me and my prey, pulling my reticle off and giving him enough time to escape.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

TruYadoo
It's "Aim Assist".

Re: Xbox Vs PC

Unyobro
I think the worst part is when your aim is tugged to the side because of a body. Btw funny how the aim assist wants you to body clear huh? Why it's almost as if the devs fully intended you to do that or something!

Re: Xbox Vs PC

Dinyab
This thread is a huge joke...

First off, the two videos you posted are of you on maps where RNA has a huge advantage.   Everyone knows spawning as Lineage on Temple Grounds is extremely unbalanced.

"Hey look at me doing well on console on maps that are unbalanced in my favor! This proves that PC doesn't give me an advantage!"

If you really believe what you say, then only play on console. Prove yourself, and play AGAINST PC players.

It's really a fucking joke to see you team up with other PC players and pub stomp console players.

Any of you PC players good at a game that requires you to play against other PC players?  Quake 3? Unreal Tournament 3? CS 1.6?

Re: Xbox Vs PC

Your post is full of fail.

First off, if both maps are equally unbalanced then what factor would that play in how platforms differ?

Second, there are plenty of other videos all over the site showing me play on various maps on xbox and doing just fine, these two just happen to be the ones handy at the time.  So try again with the childish mockery.

Third, I played on xbox since release date.  I've only been playing on pc for a year.  So from xbox, I have played against hundreds of pc players and never once cried about an advantage.  And now, I rarely play a game where there isn't another pc player on the other team.  So yeah, I play against PC players all the time.  Parties do get split pretty often in this game in case you haven't noticed.  And I still play on xbox pretty regularly and still don't complain when I play against pc players.  So I guess I prove myself often, as do several other pc players who play xbox as well.

Fourth, I don't remember claiming there wasn't an advantage to playing on pc.  I'm just saying it's extremely overexaggerated by people who've never played it on pc, and people shouldn't expect someone to play a shittier version of a game when the only reasoning is so players don't get butt-hurt.

Finally, I will quit playing on pc when other players quit whoring the same weapons/builds every game and playing like they just started, when they've been playing for years.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

TruYadoo
I'll continue whoring my Elf w/ Pistol + Katana using Gust, Glider and Teleport, thank you very much.

As Prophet said, people over exaggerate the advantage that PC players have over console players. Sure, there still is an advantage but it's not that significant even without limiting the frame rate.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

I don't remember PlayShadowrun ever saying that he's the best SR player so why would he need to prove himself by playing against other PC players?

Btw, PC players do play against each other sometimes in SR (obviously not as often as against xbox players) but it happens. As with any other game, there are some who are better than others, DUH. But hey, I'll be glad to try those games against other PC players if you buy me a PC that can actually run them. ha ha.
123456 ... 8