Xbox Vs PC

Re: Xbox Vs PC

Dinyab
PlayShadowrun wrote
  I'm just saying it's extremely overexaggerated by people who've never played it on pc, and people shouldn't expect someone to play a shittier version of a game when the only reasoning is so players don't get butt-hurt.

Finally, I will quit playing on pc when other players quit whoring the same weapons/builds every game and playing like they just started, when they've been playing for years.
So you're going to keep playing on PC as some kind of absurd sense of justice against players who uses tactics you don't care for?

Do you need some help with your Shadowrun strategy?  Katana elf got you up at night?

It's no exaggeration that PC players can carry their entire team, especially with mouse and keyboard, players can just rack up the headshots with ease.

If you compare the best console players to the best PC players, PC players are always much quicker to react and have better aim.

Maybe you aren't a good PC player, but I have seen what others can do and it is ridiculously unbalanced.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

Dinyab
DJ Da B3st wrote
I don't remember PlayShadowrun ever saying that he's the best SR player so why would he need to prove himself by playing against other PC players?

Btw, PC players do play against each other sometimes in SR (obviously not as often as against xbox players) but it happens. As with any other game, there are some who are better than others, DUH. But hey, I'll be glad to try those games against other PC players if you buy me a PC that can actually run them. ha ha.
Quake 3 will run on just about any computer.  You will suck at it, so don't bother trying it.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

I have played Shadowrun since launch (Day after launch technically.) on the Xbox 360. I too thought there was a greater advantage but since I've started playing on the PC, I realized that the advantage isn't that much.

Both Prophet and I are able to carry our teams on the Xbox 360 as well.
As for "better aiming", my accuracy is slightly worse while playing on the PC.
As for "quicker to react", I am able to react almost as quickly on the Xbox 360 as I can on the PC.
In your opinion, who are the "best" Xbox 360 players and PC players. How are you comparing them?

To boost my own ego, I believe that Prophet and I could keep up with almost any one of the "best" PC players. lol

Do you have any further accusations?

Re: Xbox Vs PC

I play on pc because it's a better game.  But sure, I'll use PC as a counter tactic to stupidity.  That's right, it's just as viable as any other tactic, even if YOU don't care for it.  It's the way the game was made.  If you don't like it then maybe you should move on to something you can handle, or try playing on pc yourself.  I bet you wouldn't improve much, then what would your crying be about.  Something else I'm sure.

Why would my katana/elf have me up, he wrecks multiple platforms on a regular basis.  But trust me, when I need SR strat advice, you wouldn't be someone I would take it from.

It's no exaggeration when I see xbox players carry their entire team just as well as any pc player.  More rumors and speculation.  Which is it people?  Do pc players have more of an advantage with controller or m/k in SR?  I hear it both ways all the time.

I have seen a connection carry the exact same weight a pc can.  A good connection grants people supreme accuracy and  overpowering stability.  I have always said playing on pc is like playing host every game.

Name these other pc players so I can compare opinions, but it is a known fact that I am the worst PC player of all time.

Too many people play this game when they obviously don't like it.  But since the community is so small, we gotta take what we can get.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

Dinyab wrote
Quake 3 will run on just about any computer.  You will suck at it, so don't bother trying it.
kk, migrate to a Quake forum. I bet you won't complain there.

Of course I'd suck at it because I don't play it, I'm too busy playing on Shadowrun, hence, why I'm on a Shadowrun forum, which is a forum for Shadowrun discussion, NOT Quake unless it's on-topic and in the appropriate section.

Sooo irrelevant....

Re: Xbox Vs PC

Dinyab
Except its not.  This is just a game and rather than putting yourself on an even playing field with everyone else to see how you fair, you play on PC to give yourself an advantage against stupidity?  What is this stupid you speak of?  SMG+Smartlink?

Controller PC players have a small advantage, M & K have a large advantage(IEZ Phobia).

Do you have any sense of pride?  Do you have any kind of urge preventing you from using tactics that are cheap and have no counter?

Network limitations exist because of technical limitations that can only be reduced by players via lan play.  It's generally something that players cannot work around.

 But here you have an opportunity to actually play fair, and you reject it.

Right now I have three people trying to argue with me, but online...everyone hates PC except PC.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

Dinyab
Are any of you good at a shooter that is restricted to a single platform for competitive play?

Re: Xbox Vs PC

It's stupid to think people play on pc for an advantage.  The people I know who went from xbox to pc play it because it looks better and runs better.  After 4 years of playing on xbox it's the closest thing to a sequal that we're going to get.

And I'm sorry but the competitive community believes differently.  They believe the controller has more of an advantage on pc than m/k.  When it comes to knowing what you are talking about, I'll go with their opinion over yours (even if I agree with you).  So where do you pull your knowledge from?  I know for a fact that Phobia uses controller, at least some of the time.

No I have no pride, and neither does anyone else who plays this game.  Everyone does whatever they can to get an advantage, it's called Shadowrun.  If smartlink/ev are viable tactics then so is pc.  It's the way the game was made.  It has a counter, it's called vote-calling.  Pretty much every match I play has a pc player on the other team, so it's a pretty even playing field.

Exactly, I can't counter a great connection with anything but PC(especially when 70% of the U.S. has a better connection than me).  I get wrecked by good xbox players all the time, maybe not you but I think we all know why that is.

Online, everyone hates everything.  The same people crying about pc are the same ones crying about bodyclearing, smartlink/smg, ev/wired/shotgun, votecalling, etc.  The only people who hate pc are the ones who have never played on pc and have no idea what they are talking about.

Here's an idea, be smart, buy yourself a $30 graphics card and play on pc.  Don't be a dumb crybaby and expect people to play a lesser game so players like yourself don't get butt-hurt.  Waaah, it's just not fair!

Re: Xbox Vs PC

By restricted to a single platform, do you mean that the video game is ONLY on that console (Like Halo.) or that the video game isn't cross platform compatible (Like CoD /BF.)?

Re: Xbox Vs PC

Oh yeah, yes I play every shooter that comes out on xbox, and excell whenever I please.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

@Prophet
"Everyone does whatever they can to get an advantage,..."
Most of the time, I don't. I assume that a lot of the other older players don't as well.

Also.. After weeks of playing on PC, I tried playing on my Xbox and my aim was horrible! I could hardly hit a troll haha

Being able to use a wireless xbox controller is a life saver, I have never been a PC player so playing with my keyboard and mouse is completely new and weird to me.

Just for shits and jiggles, evilCHIPleader believes that since SR is so old, it is incapable to run at extremely high connections as it was never built to handle it. being as to why he believes that i have a better connection on SR with my 12 MB/s over his 55 MB/s connection.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

Dinyab wrote
This is just a game and rather than putting yourself on an even playing field with everyone else to see how you fair, you play on PC to give yourself an advantage against stupidity?
What you don't understand is that not everyone who plays on a PC does so to gain an advantage. I'll give you 3 simple examples if it'll help you understand.

1. Some players don't own an xbox but they do own a PC. So obviously they'll play games on their PC and not on an xbox that they don't have.
2. There are some who own an xbox but prefer the better, crispier graphics on the PC so they would rather play on their PCs instead of playing on a lower-end machine like the 360 console.
3. PC players can play live games even with a silver account. So playing on the PC can save a great deal of money too.

Personally, I'm both 1 and 3. Not that it matters but just letting you know that I don't play on the PC for the advantages that it gives and I know many PC players who do the same.
Does this mean that there aren't some who play PC strictly for the advantage? I'm sure there are, but don't group all PC players in that same category.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

Dinyab
PlayShadowrun wrote

Here's an idea, be smart, buy yourself a $30 graphics card and play on pc.  Don't be a dumb crybaby and expect people to play a lesser game so players like yourself don't get butt-hurt.  Waaah, it's just not fair!
I have a HD 6580 and I run it at 1080p.  It's extremely easy to track people with the mouse.  This game factors in bullet speed, so tracking a moving target precisely becomes even more paramount when you consider that when an opponent changes direction you have to shift your cursor ahead of where he is moving.

Not only can I track with ease, but I can also look in any direction in an instant.  With the controller this is not the case.  You either have a high look speed, with lesser precise aiming or slower look speed with higher precise aiming.  The mouse is pretty much the best of both worlds...without have to worry about accuracy versus response time.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

Dinyab
PlayShadowrun wrote
That's funny, I have never seen you wreck anything, and I have seen you play plenty.

LOL

What's my Live tag then?

Re: Xbox Vs PC

I've seen DnyaB plenty of times but that could be someone else I guess(odd name for two seperate people to have).  But I actually misread your statement so I apologize for my own and deleted it.  You didn't say anything about wrecking anyone.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

DeadEye
PC makes a huge difference.  It might not be as obvious in pub matches like all of you kids play, but it is incredibly obvious in privates.  You take 8 people in a closed setting, one of them is getting raped and doing terrible... Let's call him Vintage.  He's getting mad because he's getting shit on, so he gets on his PC and joins back in.  Same map, same teams, person that got absolutely shit on when playing xbox goes absolutely huge and completely dominates the game.  If you don't think PC gives you an advantage, you're obviously a PC kid and think you're much better than you actually are.

Re: Xbox Vs PC

TruYadoo
Prophet and I have been playing on the Xbox 360 for several years and have only "recently" started playing on the PC. (Prophet has longer than I have.)
There isn't THAT much of an overall difference between PC and Xbox 360, especially if the PC player is limiting their fps. Plus, there are some advantages that could go towards either platform depending on their setup.

Should privates stop allowing players that have monitors/TVs with refresh rates of 120hz?

Re: Xbox Vs PC

Another person who has never played on pc talking about pc possibilities?  And calling people kids?

Re: Xbox Vs PC

DeadEye
I don't need to play on PC to see the advantages of it, in fact from everything I've seen it seems like the only people who don't see the big advantage of playing on PC are the people who have both systems and prefer the PC.  Sorry but you kids saying there's no difference just because you can't see a difference while playing, doesn't negate the fact that there are tons of players who have seen the difference.  It's like saying there's no difference between doing an obstacle course in a Volvo compared to a Ferrari, I mean it's the same obstacle course right?

If you want, I can name 5-6 console players who perform much better on their PC than they do on 360, or I can name a few players who started on PC and couldn't do anything on console.