worth getting a member ship to play?

IsMiseConor
havnt played in about 6/7 months. Are you still able to get games and would it be worth coming back into it?

Re: worth getting a member ship to play?

Unyobro
You should be able to find games but sadly they'll probably be full of complete assholes who treat new players/normal players like shit for playing the game as it was designed. If you get a normal match it will probably be ruined within a half hour when one of these cry babies joins because they will start team killing and/or calling votes when people don't play the way they think is correct. I hate to be so negative about a game I love but I think you deserve some honesty before you invest in a membership just to play the game.

Re: worth getting a member ship to play?

It's not near as extreme as Unyo describes.  I play all the time in matches that are crying free.  People clear bodies, play on pc, scores the artifact, and more but there are those who like to team kill, call votes, or troll in general.

Re: worth getting a member ship to play?

Unyo
I'm just recalling what the game was like when I last played. Like I said we should be as honest as possible about it when someone is about to drop the price of a subscription just to play it. You wouldn't want him to get the wrong impression of the community and then after he feels cheated he turns around and bad mouths the game way more than my post did. Not saying the OP would do that but it's a distinct possibility if things are sugar coated.

Re: worth getting a member ship to play?

Well if he gets it on pc he wouldn't have to worry about the subscription fee and would only be out the few dollars for the game.  Giving Shadowrun another chance is definitely worth a few dollars.

Re: worth getting a member ship to play?

Unyo
Isn't GFWL being closed down? How will that work for PC players?

Re: worth getting a member ship to play?

DJ Da B3st
As far as I understand SR PC will cease to exist in July since the devs are no longer here to release a patch after GFWL is shut down.

I still think it's the best option for the OP though. By spending less than the monthly price for xbox live, he can play the game until July. By then he can decide whether to spend the extra cash on xbox live or not.

Re: worth getting a member ship to play?

Yeah it's true that he only has about 6 months to play on pc, but still worth the few dollars.

Re: worth getting a member ship to play?

Unyo
6 months is plenty of time to enjoy some SR.